cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Journeyman

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

I'm having the same issue on my Pixel 3 after numerous installs/uninstalls and data clears. Did you (or anyone?) ever get a resolution?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Howdy acebel. After looking through your past conversations, I see a CTMS ticket was created. According to the info in this ticket, visual voice mail isn't available for the Pixel 3 you have. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

So just to be clear, even though others who have Pixel 3s purchased through Google have visual voicemail...my phone doesn't receive it?

I'm only passing along the info I was provided. According to the CTMS ticket that was created, since your device is a BYOD (bring your own device), meaning it was unlocked from a different carrier, the visual voice mail feature isn't available. When unlocking a phone from one carrier to use on a different carrier, some features may not work. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Well, the device wasn't unlocked from another carrier. It has only been on Sprint since it was purchased from Google via their online store. Just like many others have done and have visual voicemail using the Sprint visual voicemail app. As an over 10 year customer with Sprint I find this situation more than a little disappointing (and quite infuriating since it was working fine until about December) and am considering switching carriers.

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

I'm only passing along the info I was provided. According to the CTMS ticket that was created, since your device is a BYOD (bring your own device), meaning it was unlocked from a different carrier, the visual voice mail feature isn't available. When unlocking a phone from one carrier to use on a different carrier, some features may not work. 

I understand your frustration. Was the device an unlocked version from Google? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint Yes, it is.

Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

I understand your frustration. Was the device an unlocked version from Google? 

Model number G013A to be exact.

Ok. I dug into the CTMS ticket and on 02/07/2019 at 10:01:06, a rep from our higher level tech reached out to you via phone and completed trouble shooting regarding this issue. It was that rep that has stated that since this is a BYOD phone, meaning an unlocked phone, the visual voice mail feature does not working on this phone. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community Manager

Let me jump in here and clear up some confusion.  Yes, Visual Voicemail is supported on the Pixel 3.  I can attest to that because I personally have a Pixel 3 and have used VVM in the past.  Yes, that is past tense because I now use Google Voice for my voicemail duties, but that's beyond the point.  

So long story short, try to install The Sprint VVM app.  If you still have issues, PM me your number and I will check it on the backend.

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

Ok. I dug into the CTMS ticket and on 02/07/2019 at 10:01:06, a rep from our higher level tech reached out to you via phone and completed trouble shooting regarding this issue. It was that rep that has stated that since this is a BYOD phone, meaning an unlocked phone, the visual voice mail feature does not working on this phone. 

Journeyman

I am having this issue as well on my galaxy note 10+.

I had the menu fine but now since a recent update I can't get to the settings menu.

Please help. 

If you completely uninstall the app and redownload it, are you able to resolve the issue? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat