Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the LG G6 get the Android Oreo (8.0) update

Journeyman

Re: When will the LG G6 get the Android Oreo (8.0) update

Journeyman

Oreo in April for the Korean version, I doubt we're getting anytime soon.

The article also said that Oreo was released in December for the V30, I can tell you that was definitely not the case. Sprint just got it a week or so ago, as did all the other carriers in the US.

Judging by that, I'm going to say we're going to get it sometime in the summer, probably right when Android P will be coming out.

Also, this: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3268610/android/lg-software-upgrade-center-android.html

GrandMaster

android updates are always kicked out overseas WAY before we get them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'm glad that LG is going after their Achilles heel, now if we can just get them to make a big screen super phone that costs less than my first car we'd be talkin' new phone.

No longer working Community Response.
GrandMaster

my fave still was the Flex2..HUGE screen but the curve made it not so hard to deal with lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

everyone make sure to do a bit of research on what all Oreo will be bringing in as well as removing. looking at the Sammy devices that have received it there are for sure some changes from the Google side of things that many dislike..might just be due to not being used to it..time will tell when we finally receive O and see for ourselves what has changed.

Journeyman

any updates on Oreo for G6?

GrandMaster

you actually asked your question in this thread...not the same thread you just responded in lol

GrandMaster

@dnorway71

the link you provided a bit back about an update center..i spotted something over at TMO that mentioned it wouldnt be fully up and going until the end of May. there might have been some set backs

Community Manager

Journeyman

I checked for update about 20 minutes ago and Android 8 is installing now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat