cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lg v30+ oreo software update ls9826a cause error messages and crashes apps.

Journeyman

lg v30+ oreo software update ls9826a cause error messages and crashes apps.

Update came on November 1, 2018 and since then I get error messages popping up saying Sprint ID error and other error messages. This will crash apps that are open and make phone either unsuable for a period of time or a frustrating experience to use. I have only had this phone since July 2018 and I am not receiving my "loyalty discount" of $10.00 a month that I am supposed to. All together I am just totally disgusted with Sprint right now.

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: lg v30+ oreo software update ls9826a cause error messages and crashes apps.

you have checked all those apps to make sure they are also updated to be compatible with Oreo?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It is definitely not the apps. These errors can happen with nothing open/active and the phone just sitting there.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

For the update it could be a range of things. What all troubleshooting have you done so far? 

For the discount, what was the discount for? Had it been on the account before?

Journeyman

All that I have done is run Lookout on the phone and checked for any updates in Settings->System Updates.  It can crash when I am looking at text messages or email or using Dolphin Browser or ESPN app or anything at all. I'm looking at backing up my phone to my google account and then reset, but I don't want to lose all my settings and whatever else I will lose.

The $10.00 a month loyalty discount was supposed to be applied to my phone lease after 3 months on the new lease. It's the same discount I see posted on other phones currently. I have been with Sprint for 20+  years and I am getting very tired of paying more than customers with 0 days. It makes the loyal customers feel like switching and chasing deals with other carriers. I understand it is a business and you need to attract more customers, but it costs more to lose a customer and not get them back then to keep the customer.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Can we get a little more detail surrounding what is happening when the apps are crashing. Is the phone hard locking so that you have to reboot? 

I'd be glad to look at your account concerning the discount. I'll shoot you a PM so I can get your account details.  

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

I get a message saying the app needs to reopen and then tap ok and it closes. the phone does not freeze or lock up. I don't have to reboot it, although I do sometimes in hopes it will clean up the problem, but it never has. I will try to write down or capture the exact phrases and error message or screenshots if I can.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat