cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sprint Magic Box

Sprint Employee

Also noteworthy is that the Magic box is LTE only, It will not help with dropped calls like wifi calling, or Airave will.
No longer working Community Response.
15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Social Care

RC1024, good information for E_Ack! Sprint Magic Box is an all-wireless LTE small cell that connects wirelessly to a nearby Sprint cell site while the AIRAVE covers a much smaller indoor only footprint and it boosts voice and 3G data service only. You can click here for more details.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Employee

My main point is the fact that the Magic Box is that it is data only, no voice service.
GrandMaster

@RC1024 why the heck does your name sound familiar?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi, a question about the Magic Box. If I'm no longer a Sprint customer, do I need to return the unit? And if so, how/where do I return it to? TIA.

Sprint Employee

Journeyman

Thanks. So I will still need to keep my Airave as well. That's fine with me....just waiting for my Magic Box...
GrandMaster

i would think you would request a return kit. pretty much the same way you would send in a phone or if you were sending back the airave to them.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

Yep, if you decide to leave Sprint (NOOOOOOOoooooooOOOo!), you'll need to a return kit to send back that Magic Box, just as you would an Airave.  If you were to keep it, you'd 1) have a brick, it only uses band 41 and that's ours exclusively and 2) be charged a non-return fee.  As part of the cancellation process, you're typically mailed out a return kit.

But you know you want to stay Smiley Happy

Wanted to mention here that thousands of Sprint customers have signed up for a Magic Box since we announced it.  It was mentioned at launch that availability should start picking up 6 - 8 weeks from now so don't be concerned if you filled out the form last week and have not yet heard back.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Sprint wouldn't let me get one, didn't even give me an Airwave
Sprint Employee

How Strange, my last reply turned out blank, and I cannot edit/delete is.. I was replying to Dubspoon, for the Magic box, it only works within a certain proximity to specific types of towers, and what reason did they give that they would not send you an airave?
Journeyman

RC1024, they told me I don't need it nir an Airwave. I was and am highly disappointed wirh that response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat