cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging Blog

0 Comments

NEW UPDATE:  The required server change was successfully completed this morning.  Your ability to SEND picture messages has been restored. 

• EDGE CASES which could not be corrected – if you attempt to send an old image, you may have sent a long time ago, you may receive a message, "Message cannot be sent."  If you receive this message there is no alternative except to send the image as an attachment to email. 

• Also, attempts to view Online Albums from the phone will result in an expected behavior where the phone receives the message, “Online albums are no longer supported.”  However, with this message there is a “Continue” button that displays which we are unable to remove.  DON’T press the Continue button.  Clicking on Continue serves no purpose and if clicked upon, your device will display a PLEASE WAIT screen until you press the HOME key to exit. 

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this unexpected change to your photo messaging capabilities.  We appreciate your loyalty.

0 Comments

This is a friendly reminder that Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued 4/30/12.

Preserve your stored memories – take action today.

If you’ve ever sent or received pictures or videos on your Sprint phone, they may be stored on our sprint.com/picturemail website. We’ll soon be discontinuing our online storage capability so it’s important you move the media you want to keep to your PC or to your favorite photo management or social networking site before 4/30/12.

You will not lose your ability to take, receive or share pictures and videos. You will lose your ability to store and manage them online.
Start by organizing your photos and videos by dragging and dropping them into albums. You’ll then be able to:

• Share them with friends.
  • Download them to your computer.
  • Upload images and albums to a “Place” - such as Facebook, Myspace, YouTube™, Photobucket, Flicker®, Snapfish and more.
    - You’ll need an account setup with the destination site before you can upload to a Place.
    - It’s easy to do – just click Add a Place on your Picture Mail page and you’re ready to go.

• Unsure if you have images online? Find out at sprint.com/picturemail.
  • For step-by-step instructions moving your media, click help.

Read the FAQ here.

0 Comments

Preserve your stored memories – take action today.

If you’ve ever sent or received pictures or videos on your Sprint phone, they may be stored on our sprint.com/picturemail website. We’ll soon be discontinuing our online storage capability so it’s important you move the media you want to keep to your PC or to your favorite photo management or social networking site before 4/30/12.

You will not lose your ability to take, receive or share pictures and videos. You will lose your ability to store and manage them online.

Start by organizing your photos and videos by dragging and dropping them into albums. You’ll then be able to:

• Share them with friends.
  • Download them to your computer.
  • Upload images and albums to a “Place” - such as Facebook, Myspace, YouTube™, Photobucket, Flicker®, Snapfish and more.

- You’ll need an account setup with the destination site before you can upload to a Place.

- It’s easy to do – just click Add a Place on your Picture Mail page and you’re ready to go.

• Unsure if you have images online? Find out at sprint.com/picturemail.
  • For step-by-step instructions moving your media, click help.

Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions

Q.    What are "Messages"?

A.    "Messages" are media items or albums that you have either shared with someone, or they have shared with you.

Q.    Can I download media to my PC that someone has shared with me?

A.    Yes. You need to copy all media in the message to a personal album before you can download media. To copy all media in a message, simply click and drag the whole message to an existing personal album. (Albums are located under the "My Picture Mail Albums" area at the bottom of the page.)

Q.    How do I create a new Album?

A.    Here’s how:

1.    Click the "My Media" tab

2.    Click "New Album." NOTE: You can also drag and drop media to the "New Album" icon.

3.    Click "Save."

Q.    How do I add a title to a personal Album?

A.    Follow these easy steps:

1.    Click "My Media" tab.

2.    Click the personal album you wish to add a title to. (Albums are located under the "My Picture Mail Albums" area at the bottom of the page. Once you click the album, the "Album Details" view in the middle of the screen will refresh with the current album Icon on the left and it's media contents on the right.)

3.    Click the "(edit)" link under the personal album icon located in the Album Details under the album icon.

4.    Enter the title.

5.    Click "Save."

Q.    How do I download a personal Album to my PC?

A.    To download a personal album, media must first be organized into Albums prior to downloading to your PC. Then:

1.    Click and drag the personal album to the “Download to my PC” icon and release the mouse button.

2.    Save a ZIP file of the media from that album when prompted.

3.    Delete the album by clicking and dragging to the trash icon after you successfully downloaded it to your PC.

Note: Moving personal albums to the trash DELETES the media in that album permanently. This action cannot be reversed.

Q.    How do I copy media to another Album?

1.    Click the "My Media" tab.

2.    While holding down the CTRL key on your computer keyboard, click, drag and drop the media from the "Album Details" view to the album you wish to copy media to, located in the "My Picture Mail Albums" view.

Q.    How do I move media to an existing Album?

2.    Click and drag the media you wish to move from the "Album Details" view and drop it on the album, located in the "My Picture Mail Albums" view that you wish to move your media to.

Q.    How do I view an Album from my PC?

A.    Here’s how:

1.    Click the "My Media" tab:

2.    Click the personal album you wish to view. (Albums are located under the "My Picture Mail Albums" area at the bottom of the page. Once you click the album, the "Album Details" view in the middle of the screen will refresh with the current album icon on the left and its media contents on the right).

3.    To view a slideshow of that album, click "Play Slideshow" above the album media contents in the Album Details view.

Q.    Can I rearrange or reorder pictures in an Album?

A.    Yes, here’s how:

1.    Click on the "My Media" tab.

2.    Click on the album that you wish to organize in the "My Picture Mail Albums" area located at the bottom of the screen.

3.    Click "Organize Album" link in the "Album Details" view located in the middle of the screen.

4.    Drag and drop the media item to rearrange the images.

5.    Click "Done" when you are finished.

Q.    How do I delete media on the online Picture Mail website?

1.    Click on "My Media" tab.

2.    Select the album that you wish to delete media from.

3.    Click and drag the media item you wish to delete to the trash icon and release the mouse button.

To delete multiple media items, hold down the CTRL key on your computer keyboard while clicking each media item you wish to delete, then drag them all to the trash icon and release mouse button.

Note: Moving media items to the trash DELETES the media permanently. This action cannot be reversed.

Q.    How do I delete a personal album from my online Picture Mail account from my PC?

2.    Identify the personal album that you wish to delete and click and drag that album to the trash icon and release the mouse button.

Note: Moving an album to the trash DELETES the album and its media contents permanently. This action cannot be reversed.

Q.    What are My Places?

A.    "My Places" are third-party destinations, such as Snapfish by HP, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Photobucket, Flickr®, etc. that you can configure on the online Picture Mail website. Once you configure your places, you can upload media from the online Picture Mail website and your phone.

Q.    How do I add the first place in My Places?

1.    Click on the "My Media" tab.

2.    Click on the "Publish to your favorite places! Add a place" graphic under "My Places," at the top of the screen.

3.    Select a place that you would like to add. (NOTE: You must first have a registered account with the place you are trying to add.)

4.    Enter your place log-in credentials, such as username and password.

5.    Click "Save."

Q.    How do I add additional places to My Places?

A.    Once you have added a place for the first time, you can add additional places by clicking the "Add New Place" icon and repeating the steps 2 through 4 above.

Q.    How do I delete a destination from My Places?

1.     Click on the "My Media" tab.

2.    Drag and drop the destination to the "Trash" icon located in the bottom right side of the screen.

Q.    How do I send my media to My Places?

A.    Once you have added a place, simple drag and drop your media to the “place” icon. You will see a message stating “media sent” to indicate that the media has been successfully sent to the selected “place.” To select multiple media, simply hold the control key while selecting.

Q.    How do I delete pictures from my Sprint phone?

A.    The procedure for deleting pictures from your Sprint phone varies from phone to phone. Please check your phone’s User's Guide for additional information at sprint.com/devicesupport.

Q.    Can I recover pictures from my Sprint phone or SD card once I delete them?

A.    Once pictures are deleted, they cannot be recovered.

Q.    Can I send pictures to another carrier (AT&T, Verizon or TMobile)?

A.    Sprint facilitates sending pictures to over 110 different domestic and international carriers. If the file size of your message exceeds the recipient carrier threshold you may receive a text message indicating the message may not be delivered. If this happens, try sending as an email attachment either from your phone or from the online Picture Mail website.

Q.    What are the browser requirements for viewing a picture/video on your website?

A.    To access all of the benefits of the Sprint Picture Mail website, you will need Internet Explorer (6.0, 7.0) Firefox (3.0.11, 3.0.13, 3.5 or higher) or Safari (3.0.4).

Q.    What number do I dial for Sprint Customer Care?

A.    Dial 1-888-211-4727 from a landline phone or *2 from your Sprint phone.

Q.    How do I log out of the online Picture Mail website?

A.    On the top right side of the screen is a “Sign Out” link. By clicking that link you will be signed out and returned to the log-in screen.