cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9230 -message sent using invalid number of digits Please resend with valid short code -WTF!!!!!

Journeyman

9230 -message sent using invalid number of digits Please resend with valid short code -WTF!!!!!

I have had the same issue for the past few days on my Samsung Epic Galaxy.  This has to be a Sprint issue.

Journeyman

Did you ever figure out this problem?  I'm having the same problem and it's making me crazy. 

Wizard

If nothing else works, delete all previous text message threads and clear the messages app data. (Menu > Settings > Applications, Manage Applications > All > Messages > Clear Data)

Delete both the contact, and the messaage conversation with them. Then recreate the contact, making sure to include the area code when adding the phone number.

Master

Try deleting all saved text messages from that number 

Journeyman

I've been getting this error since last night. I did have a contact saved without the area code. I went in and edited to add it, but that didnt work. So I just deleted the contact all together. Then I texted them again, and now the numer is just showing up without the area code. What the H is going on Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Adding a "1" in front of the number will not work. This will incur an error when trying to send the text message. When you deleted the contact, did you also delete the message thread for that contact? Try deleting both before adding the contact back, and then sending a text message to the 10 digit number of the recipient

Journeyman

just random contacts at random times.  I tried deleting and adding again with no luck!!

any other ideas?

should I put a "1" in front of area code?

Master

Re: 9230 -message sent using invalid number of digits Please resend with valid short code -WTF!!!!!

It's happening  with all the contacts that you have in  your phone book or just  with couple of them. If it  is happening to couple of  contacts. delete  those contacts and add contacts back and then try sending text message.

Journeyman

Im at a loss, I keep getting this error code randomlly and have to constantly resend my texts even though I have the contacts listed in a 10 digit format.

Any info is greatly appreciated