cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block or unblock a phone number from sending you text messages using My Sprint

Journeyman

when you block a number from texting you does the other person know you have done this

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Block or unblock a phone number from sending you text messages using My Sprint

in a way, it will say the number u have dialed is not a valid wireless device

Wizard

Re: Block or unblock a phone number from sending you text messages using My Sprint

When text message has been blocked, the sender receives the following return error text on phone: "From 9230, the recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages from this sending address. Msg 2108."

Journeyman

How recent is this information? I tested a blocked user and they have not received a reply message. Is this information still valid, or does it block them, but they don't receive a response?

Wizard

The last time the internal article with this information was updated was 11/3/10 but I have not tried this myself.  Let me see if I can get a hold of one of the Messaging Product Managers to confirm.  Maybe things have changed.

When you have a number blocked and they text you, they should get that error message and you obviously won't get their SMS.

Journeyman

I  got a text   message on    3/26  from   honduras    and i want to track the phone   number how   can i d o it.

Master

Having received a messaged from Honduras you have the number that it came from if there was a public list of numbers you could do a reverse lookup. There is not publicly available directory of cell phones numbers for Honduras that I could find. Which is the only way that I know of that you could trace the number.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.