cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block or unblock a phone number or email address from sending you text messages by contacting Customer Care

Journeyman

Block or unblock a phone number or email address from sending you text messages by contacting Customer Care

OMG how do you unblock a number from sending you a text?  It was so simple to block the number but now I want to know how to unblock it.  Can anyone help me please?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: Block or unblock a phone number or email address from sending you text messages by contacting Customer Care

My Account>My Preferences>Limits & Permissions>Block Text(you can add/remove numbers from there)

Or from your phone text "allow xxx-xxx-xxxx) to 9999(x's being the number.

Wizard

Re: Block or unblock a phone number or email address from sending you text messages by contacting Customer Care

Log into My Account > My preferences.  Under Block texts (toward the bottom of the page under Limits and permissions) click on the phone that has the restriction on it if you have more than one phone on your account.  You should have the second-last radio button checked and a list of numbers displayed that you have blocked.  Select the number you wish to unblock, click Remove number and then Save.  Done.

You can also use the shortcode 9999 and text allow 9876543210 to it, 9876543210 being the number you want to unblock.  This will add the phone number to the allow list and removes it from the block list.  For further commands see the Support article.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.