cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send but can't receive SMS text messages from International locations?

Journeyman

Can send but can't receive SMS text messages from International locations?

I have recently started service with Sprint and I'm using an iPhone 5 - for some reason I can't seem to receive SMS text messages from international locations? I have family in several countries and when I text them, they all receive my text messages, but when they reply I don't receive their responses. I've checked and they are using the correct number format for my phone (e.g. +1 xxx xxx xxxx). I've called Sprint a number of times and was told I have all the international "enablers" on my account, so I can't understand why I don't receive the texts. This is not isolated to one country either - I've sent to texts to family in Ireland, Scotland and New Zealand all with the same result. Anyone else have the same issue or know of a fix?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Can send but can't receive SMS text messages from International locations?

Just worked with the Sprint Network team to figure this one out. I had used Google Voice integration with my account. I knew that Google Voice didn't natively support international texting but assumed that when integrated through Sprint that wouldn't be an issue. The Sprint network team informed me that Google Voice still doesn't support international text messages. Once I disabled Google Voice integration it resolved the issue!

Journeyman

Thank you for answering that question.  I have a lot of family in NZ as well and couldn't get texts from them.  I will disable google voice and see what happens.  It's a shame though... I have enjoyed google voice... but it is more important for me to be able to hear from my family when they need to reach me.  Cheers from a Kiwi in Texas.

Journeyman

Thank you for answering that question.  I have a lot of family in NZ as well and couldn't get texts from them.  I will disable google voice and see what happens.  It's a shame though... I have enjoyed google voice... but it is more important for me to be able to hear from my family when they need to reach me.  Cheers from a Kiwi in Texas.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.