cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Block 9010 Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys, maybe someone can help me out with this. I keep getting text messages from shortcode 9010 that say "Your route to WORK has 0 incidents"... Now Ive done the regular "unsubscribe" "stop" "opt-out" messages in reply, only to get more messages back saying those do not work. Ive also gone into the account online and manually BLOCKED the 9010 code, and even sent BLOCK 9010 to 9999 on my phone to block it, but daily I keep getting these messages between 11AM-1130AM.

I read that it has something to do with Sprint Family Locator, but I do not have that on my account, nor have I ever given access to someone elses account with my phone number or information. It's really starting to get annoying. Anyone else know how to stop this, or what it is, or how I can prevent this. I dont want to call Sprint because their customer service sucks and I feel that they will only do the same thing Ive already done, and if it hasnt worked by manually blocking, how is Sprint going to help?

Anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Can't Block 9010 Messages

Seems I am the only one with this issue.. Guess I could resolve the problem by changing to another carrier. Ill look into that.

Wizard

I'm sorry to hear you feel Sprint Customer Service sucks but let me try and help you anyway.  Maybe we'll get to the bottom of your issue.  I confirmed with the Product Manager for Sprint Family Locator that this is not one of the short codes they use.  She confirmed with TeleNav that it is their code for commute alerts, which might also be the reason why blocking this specific short code won't work.

Since you're getting these alerts, it suggests you have used the TeleNav app, so I would start there.  The path to check that out might be slightly different depending on the version but generally here’s how to check it: Start app > Share & More > My Stuff > Commute Alerts.  This will bring up the option to create new, sync with web as well as a list of existing alerts (that would have been set by the user).  When you click on Commute Alerts, existing alerts should be highlighted.  You then need to hit the menu key while it’s highlighted and you will get the option to delete the alert or perform various other actions.

Let me know if the solution doesn't apply to you since you've never used one of our navigation apps and I will dig deeper.

Journeyman

I do not have any of those options in my Telenav App that Sprint so conveniently updated on my phone from Sprint Navigation....

I still get these texts, and Im still at a loss. Ive done everything I can short of changing my number, but I hope the problems will be resolved later this weekend when I switch to T-Mobile.

Journeyman

Rwalford, that worked for me... it was TeleNav.  I forgot I signed up for Work to Home Alerts with TeleNav.  Thank you.

Journeyman

Rwalford,

If you have switched to T-moble, this reply is probably not needed, but it may help someone else.

I had a Sprint Blackberry with TeleNav installed totally free.  I never paid a montly fee.  I mistakenly set up a Commuter Alert for my drive to work.  I realized that every day it said there were 0 incidents even when there was a 6 car accident with a 3 mile backup.  I couldn't figure out how to stop the text message, but resigned myself to deleting it every day.  Then I got an HTC EVO, and hoped it would go away.  No such luck, still getting that worthless text message from 9010 every day at 9am saying there were 0 incidents.  Even worse, I had moved and didn't even drive that route any more.

Sprint was no help.  The only response I got from them was my Sprint Navigation/TeleNav logon PIN.  Great, but what good does that do?  I finally saw ClaudiPo's message above.  Like you when I installed Sprint TeleNav on my HTC EVO, there was no option for Commute Alerts, but I did notice they were trying to get me to install the Premium version for $4.99 a month, with the first 30 days free.  So, here is what I did, and I was able to find and delete my old Alert.

Install Sprint TeleNav from either the Android Market, or Blackberry Store, whatever your phone uses to get apps.  After installing Sprint TeleNav GPS Navigator, install the Premium Version.  Once you have installed the Premium version, the main menu should have 4 options:  Drive To, Places, Maps & Traffic, and Local Apps.  Go into Local Apps.  You should have options for:  Movies, Weather, and Commute Alerts.  Go into Commute Alerts.  You should see the Alert listed there that is sending you the text message.  I tapped on it to enter the Alert.  The screen showed a map of the route.  I then hit the menu button on my phone and seleted Delete.  After confirming I wanted to delete, it deleted the Alert.

Now the important part.  Cancel your subscription to the Premium service or you will get charged $4.99 a month.  Back at the main TeleNav menu, hit the Menu button and select About.  Tap Cancel subscription.  Answer some questions about why you are deleting like Price, and $4.99/month for a crappy Nav system is criminal.  Now just make sure you check your next couple of Sprint bills closely to make sure they are not charging you $4.99 for this.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Journeyman

Re: Can't Block 9010 Messages

Thank you for these details. I too had a blackberry and now have an Evo. I have been getting these alerts since forever. I plan to follow your steps above to delete this alert. Can't do it right now since my phone says i have no cell coverage....great!

I went to telenav's website and logged in. (They will text your password if you don't recall it.) I was able to delete the commuter alert there.

Message was edited by: kissmebeautiful123

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.