cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chicago Text Messaging Delays

Journeyman

Chicago Text Messaging Delays

I (and many friends on the Sprint network) have been experiencing rediculous text messaging delays for the past 2 weeks in the Albany Park / North Park neighborhoods of Chicago. This was confirmed as a known issue well over a week ago when I took my phone to a Sprint retail store on W. Devon Ave and I was assured it was being looked in to. It still remains an issue today.

Quite often messages will not come through to my device (Blackberry Bold 9650) until I make a phone call. As soon as that network connection is established, all messages will go through that have been sent to me since my last phone call. This is occuring with different devices, different phone numbers, and different accounts even when outdoors and when phones are displaying strong signal strength.

Any word on the status of this issue? Is anyone else experiencing something similar? If so, where are you located? Any information you could provide will (hopefully) help resolve the issue faster.

Thanks,

Justin

34 REPLIES 34
Journeyman

Re: Chicago Text Messaging Delays

We live in a little burg in North Central Ohio, and experience the same problem with texts. My neighbors two houses away and I text back and forth frequently, and it takes sometimes up to an hour for us to receive a text, even when outside and showing strong signal. My daughter sends texts from her home an hour away and the same thing happens.

Journeyman

Called Technical Support this morning, as this is getting a bit ridiculous. The result? Henry told me that there is a work ticket open for the issue (#6302737) which lists an approximate resolution date as September 18th. This has clearly passed, but the issue is still listed as 'In Progress' with no further updates.

Step up, Sprint! You've got many unhappy customers in Albany Park (60625) who are considering alterative options!

Justin

Journeyman

All issues in 60625 have been corrected, effective 12 noon today, approximately TWO WEEKS after they began. If this never happens again, it'll be too soon!

Thanks, Sprint!

Journeyman

Hello Justin, I am on the nextel network and I have not been able to receive text messages at all for over 3 weeks. I like you have been told that the issue is being looked into and noone has gotten back to me yet. I have received a new phone and the issue still was not resolved so I sent the new phone back. I am fed up and will be taking my business elsewhere soon as I get a chance. I am in Chicago, Northwest side.

Wizard

I see several open and recently closed tickets for problems with iDEN cell sites in the Chicago area.  What is your zip code?  Maybe I can get more information, alas, it won't speed up correcting the problem...

Journeyman

Yup i have been having the same issue.  I just recived text messages from  yesterday all at once at 6 in the morning.  This is retarted!  Sprint has been really messing up lately and im starting not to like their service

Journeyman

My zip is 60651. Thanks

Journeyman

Well its been nearly a month and I still cant receive any text messages. I can send just fine.

Highlighted
Wizard

For 60651, I'm seeing a ticket logged for customers experiencing difficulties with EVDO connection and Nextel Direct Connect on Sprint, but this doesn't mean that the text messaging services are not impacted in your area as well, may just not have been reported yet for that zip.  I see a number of other Chicago zip codes where issues with sending texts have been reported, e.g., 60068 ,60631 ,60656, 60625 ,60659.  The tickets are still open and the estimated completion date was 1-2 weeks ago.  :-((  I don't know how else to help other than to have you tell everyone call in their problems to have Care up the severity on these tickets.  If it's not too much trouble and work, feel free to have everyone who has these problems send their information to me, see http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/212482#212482.  I'd be happy to submit more tickets.

Journeyman

I am experiencing this issue too. I thought it was my phone so I upgraded my Samsung Instinct to the Evo and the problem continously exist - very frustrating! The outgoing texts are okay but the problem is in the incoming messages - delayed for 3 hours and/or more. I practically sent some messages from my other phone to the Evo an hour ago and I still do not have it. I am located in the West Suburb of Aurora. The calls are delayed a s well - 8 or more rings before my Evo started ringing and sometime it goes directly to voice mails.

CAN SOMEONE IN SPRINT TECH SUPPORT TEAM THAT IS WELL SKILLED TO KINDLY LOOK AT THIS ? Thank You.

Journeyman

Zip code 60505 - delayed texts issues and incoming calls goiing stright to voicemails.

Any kind of Help is appreciated.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.