cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chicago Text Messaging Delays

Wizard

Re: Chicago Text Messaging Delays

There are already three tickets logged for zip code 60505 for intermittent messaging service and dropped calls. They should have been fixed between 9/28 and 10/1 but they are still showing as open.  I don't have a contact to follow up with, but as I said in my earlier post, feel free to send me the information mentioned in http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/212482#212482.  I can submit a different type of ticket ("Employees helping customers") to stress the severity of the issues customers are experiencing in this area.

Journeyman

I and a few of my friends have been experiencing severe txt message and phone call delays for weeks in 60505 and the surrounding area.  No sms will come through for up to 2 days, until a phone call is made.  Instantly while on a phone call all delayed sms will show up, as many as 20 at a time.

Also, I have been standing next to someone who also has sprint, and we will both suddently have all delayed messages show up at the same time on different phones.  There is a serious problem with the sprint network.

Also, calls will not ring through.  People call and let the phone ring up to 12 times. Voicemail does not answer.  While the person calling let it ring 12 times, I received 1 ring and that's it.

The sprint network is 60505 is barely usable at this time, and has been that way for weeks.  Every sprint user in 60505 should receive a refund for this month, we're certainly not getting what we pay for.

Journeyman

Although my original issue was fixed over a week ago now, I'm experiencing text messaging delays (apparently unrelated, as making a phone call is not delivering delayed messages). So far I've noticed a delay of between 30 minutes and 3 hours for messages coming from external carriers. I haven't had any Sprint-to-Sprint issues yet, but haven't been able to test this.

Still in 60625, can someone see if there's a new open ticket for the area?

Thanks,

Justin

Wizard

Sorry, guys, tickets for 60625 and 60505 are still open.  I sent off a couple of emails to hopefully find someone who can provide an update on them.  And again, please do feel free to send me the below information so I can submit a ticket on your behalf.  Out of 2 that I've submitted, I've had one customer's issue fixed and another one is still being investigated.  I know they're looking at this stuff.

Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
City:
State:
Zip:            
Alternate  Contact Phone (i.e. Home Phone, Work Phone, or other than Impacted  Wireless Number where we can reach you to get updated information about  the location if needed):
Your Email Address (For Alternate Contact Purposes):

Network

o  CDMA (Sprint)

o  IDEN (Nextel)

o  Hybrid (both)

Date Issue First Noticed: <MM/DD/YY>

When did the problem start (select one)
o  Problem Started on Specific Date
o  Since New Handset Purchase
o  Since Moved to New Location
o  Since New Service Added to Handset

Problem Recurring Frequency (select one)
o  Chronic
o  Occasional
o  First Time Event

Where does problem occur? (select one)
o  Inside of Residence
o  Inside of Specific Location
o  Outdoors While
o  Driving Inside and Outside of Specific Location
o  Everywhere

How many handsets are affected? (select one)
o  Only One Handset
o  Every Handset at this location
o  Not Applicable

Description of the Issue (also include time the problem first noticed, and all other problem details):

Problem Address (Include #, Street, or nearest intersection):
City:
State:
Zip:
Impacted Wireless Number:
Handset Model Type:

Wizard

Okay, while somewhat out of process, we've actually found several folks on the network side who'd be happy to look into what's going on with the service in the Chicago area.  They will need some more information though.  So all of you Chicago customers experiencing service problems, pelase send me a private message or email me from my profile page with the below:

• Impacted phone number(s)
  • Handset model types
  • Are you having problems with delayed text messages only or also voice calls not coming through?
  • Is the problem occurring all the time or intermittently?
  • What are the zip code(s) where you are experiencing the problem?  Are there specific intersections where it's especially bad?

Thanks!

Journeyman

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I get my text messages anywhere between an hour to twelve hours after someone sends me a text, but I don't get them when I make a phone call. I'm located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts

Wizard

To all of you coming across this thread and wish to have your service issues investigated,  please check out what I just posted here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/services/blog/2010/10/12/delayed-text-messages-or-voicemail-participate-to-help-us-help-you

Thanks!

Message was edited by: ClaudiPo

Journeyman

I just checked out your link and there's nothing there.

I travel for work, I haven't had any problems until I returned to Chicago yesterday morning.  I tried to call Sprint about my issues but it keeps telling me to call from another phone.  I don't have another.  It's almost as if Sprint knows there is a problem and they are telling us that we should go to another provider for resolution!

I'm very frustrated that I get no texts or sms messages at all until I make a phone call.  Should I keep calling my voicemail every hour to see if I was sent any messages?

My work place attempted to contact me last night and could not make any contact.  They said the call went right to voicemail. Problem is I didn't get any notice that I had a voicemail and then when they texted me last night I got the message this morning when I made a outgoing phone call.

I live in the 60640 area of Chicago.  However it doesn't seem to be limited to here.  I drove out to my work place today which is at 60666 and these problems are still happening.

I'm a big fan of Sprint, I've been with them for as long as I can remember.  But this is a little crazy. 

At first I thought it was my phone.  I have a Palm Pre.  But in reading on here and talking to people it's clearly a network problem.  Plus the people in the stores around here are absolutely no help.  The response I got today was... I know, it's been happening a lot. Sorry.

Thanks for nothing.

John

Wizard

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  The darn code included the period in the URL, but it's fixed now, so please try again.

I'm very sorry service has been so poor in the Chicago area.  I'm trying my best to raise awareness of the issues up there.  I've gotten the engineers' attention, so please keep sending your information.  One customer's fixed problem may not be another customer's.  From what the Network folks tell me, they have to trouble-shoot this case by case.

Journeyman

I can't believe that this issue is still open.  Texts sent between myself any someone else ON MY OWN CALLING PLANwere delivered TWELVE HOURS LATE. Seriously Sprint, if you wonder why you are hemorrhagingcustomers, look no further

Wizard

As I said (see earlier post in this thread), if you want to be helped, you need to help us first.  All the problems are not related to one root cause, so they need to be investigated one by one.  There's been only one Chicago customer who's sent their information to me so far.  An engineer has already looked into the issue and contacted them to retest.

FWIW, SMS or voicemail delays have nothing to do with the rate plan you're on.

Journeyman

Dear CaludiPo

Let me explain the very basics of customer service.

1. If we go so far as to report an issue to you, and several of us report the same issue, it is NOT OUR JOB to go fill out your incredible complex and unnecessarily long form. In a world with multiple equivalent service providers, in many cases it’s the level of (or lack of) service that differentiates you.
  2. When I indicate that my displeasure specifically applies to texting with members of my own calling plan that means: I’m not texting the moon, I’m not texting T-mobile, I’m not texting Facebook, I’m texting someone ON THE SPRINT NETWOK.  Meaning: this should be the simplest level of delivery.  Your response only makes you look incompetent.
  3. Service delays are generally unacceptable, and more so in a major metropolitan market like Chicago because they affect more customers. When you look at a zip code map, you will see that the 60640 zip code mentioned previously, where I also reside, lies along the lakefront of Chicago, not some cornfield in Peoria.
  4. I am actually a business plan customer, meaning I use my phone for business. I pay you for service, and when I can’t rely on your service, you end up costing me business, as you did several times this week.  Bad service = unhappy customer.
  5. I am in sales, and one critical tenet of sales is: it’s not the initial sale, it’s the renewal. Your response combined with the text message issues does not bode well for me renewing my contract with you in 7 months.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.