cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESPN Alert complaint

Highlighted
Journeyman

ESPN Alert complaint

I am actually a fairly recent Sprint customer (October 2010) and have been receiving ESPN alerts via text messaging for a number of years now.  I think it is a bad business decision, and extremely poor customer service on the part of BOTH Sprint and ESPN on not finding a resolution to this part of their "partnership".  ESPN, is it's very own Sprint ID, with multiple apps automatically downloaded when you use it, and they have multiple channels on Sprint TV.  Yes there are other apps for scores, I'm not arguing that, but ESPN alerts are for more than just scores, they are also for injuries, trades and breaking news just to name the most common, I count on them a lot as I travel and can't always remember when a game is, to open apps to "watch" the score.  I am VERY upset about this back door restriction that has been done that puts a "limit" on "unlimited".  The next thing will be a back door restriction on Facebook, then Twitter or any other app or website that does text alerts.  But I'm sure that Sprint will continue to advertise "unlimited text".  Why the fees?  Who is charging them?  Sprint?  ESPN?  I mean, are they sent manually so that the fee helps cover an hourly wage?  I don't think so.  Do they use special towers that need to be built?  I don't think so.  I pay a fee with my plan, and it should be used appropriately.  Maybe Sprint needs to ask each user what sports they like and adjust OTHER partnerships accordingly.  I mean I know that there are a lot of Nascar fans, but I am NOT one of them, and don't appreciate that I have a Sprint built app (that takes time and money to build and support) that is "stuck" on my phone.

What Sprint fails to realize is that putting a "limit" on "unlimited" is making them a laughing stock of carriers, regardless of who's "fault" it is.  Please find a work around with ESPN, I don't care if I have to pay a $1.99 fee on my ESPN account to continue to receive them.  JUST DO SOMETHING!      

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

ESPN Alert complaint

Yes i agree with u on that i like ESPN alerts when i had ESPN alerts i keep up with everything with scores sports news and everything eles. I call ESPN last night and they told me that ESPN and SPRINT could not come up with agreement so because of that ESPN had to let Sprint customers go wish its sad because even cricket have Espn text alerts for  free and thats pre pay service so i hope that Sprint can get them back.

Journeyman

ESPN Alert complaint

Yes, the Weather Channel stopped sending text alerts today too. My husband is upset at the loss of ESPN. I am upset at the loss of Weather.com alerts. Sprint's greed is astonishing.

Journeyman

ESPN Alert complaint

NO, it's TYPICAL of Sprint. They treated it's employees like crap in 2009 and 10, not, it's the customers trun.

Journeyman

Re: ESPN Alert complaint

This is ridiculous! I am getting texts left and right saying that I am no longer going to receive updates on everything from weather to E! news. I understand that Sprint needs to make money. But we pay quite a bit for the unlimited plan. If anything else is taken I will cancel my contract with sprint.

Journeyman

ESPN Alert complaint

We need to make a list of all the companies no longer providing text alerts to Sprint customers, and post this information on other forums as well, so any potential future Sprint customers are well aware of what they're getting before they choose Sprint. Maybe if we can prove to Sprint that they're losing money over this in the long run, they'll actually care about pleasing their customers.

Wizard

ESPN Alert complaint

Wish i did send a email to dan@sprint.com and im waiting to see what r they going to say u may want send a email also the more u send out or put on facebook or twitter may sprint will get it together.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.