cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE sends old texts on startup

Journeyman

EVO 4G LTE sends old texts on startup

My EVO 4G LTA has been sending very old (week/etc) texts on startup -- sometimes, as it turns out, the recipients did not receive them at the time, somethimes they are resends.

Has nayone seen this problem or any solution to it?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: EVO 4G LTE sends old texts on startup

BZZZP,

Could you have reached the character limit in your text/sms?

Sometimes this can be the reason why messages fail or try to resend.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

the texts in question are usually not long. it also appears that a number of texts are not being sent even though indicated as sent, but are only dispatched on reboot.

how do i verify a message has been sent?

what is the expected behavior when character limit is reached?

Highlighted

BZZZP,

There's no way to verify a message has been sent, there is an option that notifies you when a message has failed. According to the original post, you stated that it shows as the message is sent on your end but the recepient never gets it? When did you first notice this issue? Does it happen in one particular place?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Media Care Team

Journeyman

I have the same problem, it's been going on for quite awhile.  I am definitely not going over the character limit.  I will be sucessfully texting and then texts will just start sticking.  Instead of sending, they just get stuck with the little text+clock icon.  They will not send, no matter what I do, until I restart the phone.  Then, they all send.

It's really creating some issues, where I think I've sent a text, and I haven't.  People are thinking I have blown them off, etc.  When "sure, I'm home, come over."  Doesn't get sent, I sit there wondering where they are and they sit there wondering why I didn't respond to their text asking if now was a good time to come over as planned. 

Journeyman

Julevy,

Do you also have this issue on an EVO LTE or another type of phone? I'd like to see what troubleshooting steps I may be able to help yo with as well. Thanks!

Journeyman

Julevy,

Do you also have this issue on an EVO LTE or another type of phone? I'd like to see what troubleshooting steps I may be able to help yo with as well. Thanks!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.