cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoSMS Auto-loads Incorrect Number!

Highlighted
Patron

GoSMS Auto-loads Incorrect Number!

I use GoSMS as my default SMS program. The first time I entered a number I frequently contact, I accidentally left off the area code. I corrected it, but now it always defaults to the number sans area code when I text that person, resulting in a "non deliverable" message back.

Basically, every time I text this person, I have to go into the person's details and select the correct number from my contact list. Then it will update the number it's delivering to. But the next time I text that person, it does not remember the correction and reverts to the number that doesn't work.

How can I permanently correct this? The number is entered correctly in my contacts list, so it's pulling the wrong number from someplace in GoSMS's memory bank.

It's pretty aggravating, because it's a constant problem. I have not been able to find a GoSMS support forum, so feel free to direct me to a more appropriate place to seek help.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: GoSMS Auto-loads Incorrect Number!

You could try deleting all the messages from this number out of the phone and then see it if will pull from the correct contact.

2nd step would be to delete the cache for the program at settings> applications> manage application> find gosms select and delete cache  This will likely delete all sms messages on phone  Last step uninstall and reinstall the application

Patron

Begrudgingly, I went ahead and deleted every conversation in my Go SMS In box with this number.  I then started a new one by selecting the corrected number from my Contact list.  However, the next time he texted me it started a separate thread under the misentered number, without his area code.  And when I add to the conversation I started to his correct number, it automatically redirects to the number without area code.  End result being I can not text this person or reply to this person without getting a "delivery failed" message, unless I edit the number manually every time.

Per your advice, I went into the application settings to delete the cache, but it appears that the program does not use cache.  It says, "Cache.............0.00B" and the "Clear cache" button is greyed out.

Further suggestions welcome.  I can not find a Go SMS forum to report this to, and I get no response on the Android forum.

Patron

Still no solution to this one.  If anyone knows another place I could ask, I'm all ears.

Master

Here is the e-mail for the developer of the software  gomessanger@gmail.com, also in the play store if yo pull the app up and scroll down it usually gives information for support.

Patron

Thanks.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.