cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO cannot send or recieve picture mail.

Journeyman

This has been going on for about a week now. I can get regular text messages fine but any sort of picture mail fails and I cannot send either. Is this a problem anyone else is having? My bill is paid, and I have the everything plan so I can't understand why this is hapening.  Thanks in advance for an info!

11 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO cannot send or recieve picture mail.

Sorry for the inconvenience CATWMN75! Picturemail works through data - can you access the internet on the device? If not I would verify that you are conected to Sprint, home>menu>settings>wireless & networks - make sure wifi is turned off, and make sure mobile network is turned on. Do an update profile, home>menu>settings>system updates>update profile. Let me know what happens after you do the update profile please.

Also - I would recommend updating the device software to Gingerbread ASAP, if you have not already done that. Home>menu>settings>system updates>HTC software update (you may have to click on it a few times until it finally finds the update). You can check to see if you are on Gingerbread by going to home>menu>settings>about phone>software information and then looking at the Android Version at the top there, should be 2.3.3.

Journeyman

Ok, I updated profile and made sure i was connected to mobile network. It still will not send or recieve picture messages. Any other suggestions?? I have tried to reboot the phone as well to no avail.

Journeyman

Oh and I do have the latest update, that was when all of this started... :-(

Wizard

I understand - how about the internet on the device? Are you able to access a webpage and surf the internet on the device? Thanks!

Journeyman

Yes, that works fine, and the hotspot works too as it is the only internet in our home.

Wizard

What happens when you try to text a picture to a phone number or email address?  Does it appear to go out and be sent?  Do you get an error message?

Journeyman

I recieved a picture mail two days ago that still says downloading, the one I sent back has a little grayed out clock next to the photo I am trying to send..

Did you verify to make sure WIFI was disabled?

Journeyman

I have made sure Wifi is off and I have NEVER used Wifi on the phone. I just wish I could figure out what is going on.. :-(

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.