cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4g sms messages split

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I just switched to Srpint from being with Verizion for over 15 years. Both of our HTC Evo 4g phones seem to be splitting messages. I keep reading different places that this was a network issue and should be fixed but it is still happening to us. I have tried the updates, battery pulls and deleteing of all messages that have been suggested but nothing seems to fix it. I have not read anyware that this is a phone issue but i just noticed today that the Evo Shift 4g recieved an update for SMS related problems. Other than that I am really please with Sprint and am enjoying the unlimited family data plan.

Any thoughts, or should I call support?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Hi,

When you say splitting the messages, what do you mean splitting messages? You mean sending more than one message based on the amount of characters in the message? What software version are you running as well?

----George

Journeyman

Splitting seems to be related to amount of characters in the message. However, it doesn't seem to be consitant with the number at which it splits.

Android version = 2.3.3

Baseband version = 2.15.00.05.02

Kernel version = 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b

Build number = 4.24.651.1

Software number = 4.24.651.1

Browser version = Webkit/533.1

PRI Version = 2.15_003

PRL Version 60680

Wizard

twalker5544,

We are experiencing some SMS related issues with the Evo 4G at this time and are working toward a fix. More importantly, is anything missing from the messages or is primarily that the messages are splitting at random? Also, are you using an Airave? If you are, we are aware of intermittent issues with texting while in the proximately of the Airave.

Regards,

William

SprintCares

Journeyman

We are having problems on our Sprint EVO 4G phones, too.

It shows that you have a split message, but it only shows the last part of the split message. 

For example, it will say 2/2 up on top, indicating that it's the 2nd part of a 2 part message, but you don't see the first part, at all

Journeyman

Update, we tried unplugging our Airave 3G.  That changed things, a bit.

Now, multiple parts of messages come through...  though there is occasionally a loooooooong delay between parts, and they occasionally come out of order.

For example, we did a 6-part message as a test.  Parts 1, 3, and 5 came in about 30 seconds apart.  Parts 2, 4, and 6 came in all at the same time, about 5 minutes later.

Signal strength may play a small part, as without the Airave 3G, the signal drops to the 1-2 bar area.

Is there a fix for the Airave, soon?  (We'll have to not use it until this issue is fixed...and we may have to switch carriers/phones if this issue, in general, cannot be fixed, quickly)

Journeyman

Nothing seems to be missing in our case just multiple messages. No we are not using an Airrave. Thanks!

Journeyman

I have an evo 4g, and the airvana. I will be honest with you my phones have been acting worse since getting the airvana. Yes i have awesome signal strength, but there are more cons to it than i would care for. for example sometimes when I send a txt, either my phone or the airvana or the system will send that txt from 10 up to 20 times. That has a tendency of irritating whomever you are txting. My phone also beeps with every call, It is supposed to do it when your at home however mine does it when i'm at work as well, which is 26 miles from home.

Journeyman

I am not useing the Airrave! longer messages are just being split. Why?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.