cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send a text message from a computor to a wireless phone

SOLVED
Journeyman

How can I send a text message from a computor to a wireless phone

How can I send a text message from my computor to a wireless phone?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How can I send a text message from a computor to a wireless phone

You can log into your sprint account from your PC, scroll all the way to the bottom where the yellow line separates it.  There are captions like Learn About, Shop, Do Stuff.   Go under Do Stuff and the second option is send text.

Master

Click on "My Device & Media>Messaging" Or you can bookmark this url; http://sprint.zipwhip.com/ Or if it is another Sprint user you can send it from your email by addressing it to phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com Other carriers also have messaging from your email to phone address's you can google for those if you want.

Wizard

Here's a site I had bookmarked, note that the thread is over 3 years old, so things my have changed:

http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/motorola-q/carrier-email-address-info-10429.html

Alltel @message.alltel.com
Amp'd Mobile @vtext.com
Cingular @mobile.mycingular.com
Nextel @messaging.nextel.com
Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com
SunCom @tms.suncom.com
T-mobile @tmomail.net
VoiceStream @voicestream.net
Verizon @vtext.com (text)
Verizon @vzwpix.com (pictures)
US Cellular @email.uscc.net (text)
US Cellular @mms.uscc.net (pictures)
Cricket @mms.mycricket.com
Virgin @vmobl.com
AT&T @mms.att.net
Cingular @cingularme.com (not sure)
Boost Mobile @myboostmobile.com
Einstein PCS @einsteinmms.com

Journeyman

But what if you're not a Sprint customer but need to send a text from your computer to a Sprint customer? I'd hate to have to walk down 4 flights of stairs and outside my building to get a signal every time I want to send a text to a Sprint customer while I'm at work. Verizon & AT&T let you send texts from their websites, so why doesn't Sprint? I can get the spam issue, but if you create a login for Sprint with your email account, there's still no way to do this -- unless if you're a Sprint customer. It's quite ridiculous if you ask me.

Highlighted
Master

But what if you're not a Sprint customer but need to send a text from your computer to a Sprint customer?

You can send it from your email by addressing it to phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.