cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop unwanted text messages?

Journeyman

How do you stop unwanted text messages?

I have been getting slammed with text messages at all hours of the night advising me that my credit union account has been frozen and I need to call and take action.  I'm sure this is a scam.  Is there anyway to report this and stop receiving these messages?  I got a few last week, and several last night up until 3am.

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How do you stop unwanted text messages?

Hello,

Forward the Spam text to

abuse@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Then block from your online account:

Log on to My Sprint.
Click My Online Tools.
Click Block Text Messages link under Text Messaging section.
Select Block messages.
Select Block messages from all senders in my block list.
Enter the phone number, e-mail address, domain name, or short code to Add box.
Click Add.
Click Save all changes.

Hope this helps you

Miya G

Journeyman

you probably got those scam text's from giving your cell number online. Just something to think about.

Highlighted

In addition you can also text the number you want to block to 9999 with the word BLOCK to block messaging with that number. There are also several more options with that short code, you can get the full listing by texting HELP to 9999.

Journeyman

I don't want to get any text messages from anyone, ever.  I can't see them on the phone so whether I know the person or not does not matter.  I don't pay for text messaging (except when I get them anyway, unsolicited) and I think that is a real rip off.  I can text  ALLOW ALL to 9999 to turn them all on but I can't text BLOCK ALL to stop all text messages and that should make Sprint eat all the costs because they don't let me block them.

THis is like a rubber company that makes baby bottle nipples and condoms and intentionally allows flaws in the condoms to sell more nipples.

Journeyman

The instructions for the old website aren't valid and the

new generic canned answers from Sprint CSRs and Admins doing it via the website are NOT totally true as of 5/25/2010.

The poorly designed website function ONLY works with IE so far and no other browser...

See the detailed post info at http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/32549

Journeyman

I am sure the original poster is long gone but I figured this will help future readers. Sprint has upgraded their website, again. Here is the url to access the Block Test Message section:

http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/settings?INTNAV=MyS%3APref%3ABlockTextMsg%3AMe

If urls are not permitted, here are the steps:

- Log onto your Sprint account

- Click on My Preferences

- In the section entitled, "All About Me" and the subsection, "Things I can manage online," click Block Text Messages

I have been bombarded with spam texts. Finally a way to combat them all.

Master

If you are receiving spam text Sprint wants you to report them so they can put a stop to them.

Report spam by forwarding spam text messages directly to abuse@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Journeyman

Just a follow-up, it appears that this process only works in Internet Explorer...or at the very least, does not work in Firefox. Each time I tried to access this site and add spam numbers, I was prompted to log in. I would log out and log back in...same thing. Cleared cache, cookies, etc...same thing. Tried it once in Internet Explorer and it worked fine.

Journeyman

Thanks for this great info Miya,

The Sprint site has changed since you posted these instructions, but the blocking funtionality is still available.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.