cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting multiple SMS messages from '9016' about voicemail from 'ANDROID'

49 REPLIES
Journeyman

I had the same problem and it was a  super easy fix!! It turned out to be some error on the sprint  side of  things and was disconnected from getting Visual Voicemail.  you can  either call sprint or you can do it yourself. They will have you go  through the following steps:

Click on Voice Mail app

record a message

send message to activate@vm.sprint.com

and I started getting all my vm back correctly.

good luck!!

Journeyman

im having the same issue but i switched from andriod to andriod and nobody seems to know how to fix this problem...i called sprint placed blocks. its soo annoying!!

Journeyman

I tried all suggestions in this post with no luck.  I was finally able to talk to a Sprint network engineer and they were able to fix the issue on their end.  Apparently whoever had my phone number before me had an Android phone and had signed up for several messaging services that then carried over to me when I was assigned that number.  24 hours and I not received the annoying Android message. 

Journeyman

erasing your phone is a terrible idea. read my previous comment, its pain less and easy to do. vm, text will go back to normal and dont have to go through the hassel of deleting everything.

hope it helps someone, it did for me

Journeyman

What I did was backed up my phone to my pc and then set phone to factory settings it will erase every thing make sure u back up I have no more problems sprint wasn't no help they were dumb founded good luck this will work easy to do

Journeyman

I had the same problem and it was a  super easy fix!! It turned out to be some error on the sprint  side of  things and was disconnected from getting Visual Voicemail.  you can  either call sprint or you can do it yourself. They will have you go  through the following steps:

Click on Voice Mail app

record a message

good luck!!

Journeyman

I had the same problem and it was a super easy fix!! It turned out to be some error on the sprint  side of things and was disconnected from getting Visual Voicemail.  you can either call sprint or you can do it yourself. They will have you go through the following steps:

Click on Voice Mail app

record a message

good luck!!

Journeyman

I had Google Voice installed but I was thinking the problem happened before I installed it.  I have now removed it to see if that was causing the problem.  I have no other messaging programs installed except for the default apps.

Master

Do you have google coice on your phone?  Are you using a text messagin program like handcent or gosms?

Journeyman

I am a new Sprint customer (service started 2 weeks ago) with a new-to-me phone number with an iPhone and I am getting about 6 txt messages a day from 9016.  I started getting these about my second day having the phone.  Has anyone found a good solution to correcting this issue?  I still receive valid txt messages from my contacts and voicemails come through correctly.