cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from Verizon phones

Highlighted
Patron

Not receiving text messages from Verizon phones

I switched from Verizon to Sprint a month ago and I do not get text messages from friends that have Verizon. They get mine. YES!!!!!!!!!!! I have reset my phone, taken the battery out, cleared old messages, downloaded the latest software, and danced in circles during a full moon. It is also not location specific, I do not get them at my house, I do not get them with a mouse, I do not get them here, I do not get them there, I do not get them anywhere. So please no stupid suggestions.

Message was edited by: destan13

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Not receiving text messages from Verizon phones

Having the same issue except with AT&T customers.  This is on the EVO 4G!  Sprint just tells me it's not them, it's the other providers.  This answer is unacceptable.

Patron

Re: Not receiving text messages from Verizon phones

OK, I called Verizon this morning to ask why my account with them was still showing open on their website; they told me they had no record of Sprint ever porting my number. The rep told me she has no idea how my Sprint phone was working with my old number. Verizon is going to credit me back to the day started using my phone number with Sprint. After I got off the phone with the rep, I started getting old text messages that I had never gotten from friends on Verizon. It looks like texting with Verizon customers is now working on my phone. I hope this helps someone else in the same boat.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.