cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 RCS Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 RCS Issue

I've been searching for a few days and can't find anything related. I've tried the Samsung fix for RCS but that didn't help for the Pixel. So forgive me if I'm posting something that has already been covered.

My wife and I switched from Google Fi to Sprint, we both have Pixel 3 XLs. I am not able to enable the RCS features in the Messages app for Android, however it worked just fine for my wife's Pixel. I've tried disabling the carrier services, forcing the messages app to stop, clearing the cache, I've even reset my network settings. Aside from doing a device wipe, is there anything else I can try to get this feature?

The message just states "Chat features are unavailable for this device. Your carrier does not currently support this feature." Which is a lie.

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy rtcaryl. I'll be more than happy to assist in any way I can. As much as I'm not a fan of a factory restart, they can fix a lot of shenanigans. So let's double check the trouble shooting and see what been done and what hasn't. 

- Network reset: check

- PRL update: 

- Clear cache, and history for app and phone: check

- Force stop: check

- Uninstall and reinstall app (if possible): 

- Move saved items (pics, videios, doc) to external memory such as an SD card: 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

I have tried the PRL Update and uninstalling the app. I'm not too concerned about my messages not getting backed up at this point. I try to save things when I get them and keep a clean phone in that regard.

My biggest thing about wiping the phone is it isn't that old, probably got it in the spring and resetting all of my accounts and 2FA for work functions are the biggest gripe. Unless its stolen I really don't want to wipe it.

Highlighted

I hear ya. The camera on my phone stopped working after an update, and I had to complete a factory reset. It solved the issue, but I hate having to do it myself. 

If all trouble shooting has failed then the last resort is a factory reset. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.