cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Sayno 2700 and Data charges!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with Sayno 2700 and Data charges!!!!

I have had numerous Data charges for picture mail. They end up taking the charges off, but I had to block the Data so I was not charged for Data I did not use, so now I can not even use the picture mail. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Im from MI. If you have the same problems I would love to hear them, and this way I can send it with your permission to my BBB im working with to help prove my case, thanks Teresa

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: Problems with Sayno 2700 and Data charges!!!!

Sprint Clears Up 'Unlimited Messaging' Confusion

I saw your article on Sprint�s Everything Messaging plans. Sprint�s Everything Messaging plans include unlimited text, picture and video messaging at no additional charge. With these plans, there are no charges for data usage associated with using picture or video messaging. However, it has come to our attention that a few customers have received charges for data usage that may be related to picture messaging. Sprint is investigating these situations and in most cases has found that the data charges are being billed for other data usage, such as checking email, downloading ringtones or visiting Web sites. In a very small number of cases, charges of 4 to 9 cents per message are mistakenly being billed to the customer. Sprint is conducting testing to fix this issue for those customers affected. Customers on Everything Messaging plans who feel they have been mistakenly charged for sending or receiving picture or video messages should immediately report the issue to Sprint Customer Care at 1-800-Sprint1 in order for their usage history to be researched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it; although they're saying the number of cases where customers were incorrectly billed is small, they're admitting that it's real and being investigated.

If you're being charged extra on your unlimited plan, first make sure you're not going online, checking email, or downloading ringtones; if you are, you owe the money. If it looks like a real error, let Sprint know so they can reverse the charges.

Journeyman

Oh NO! Sprint don't bother telling you if you save your picture to your phone you will be charged data, they don't bother to tell you that you have to send it to some site for pictures...you can talk to one rep after another and they all tell you different things. I had picturmail blocked, but I dont think its fair to be paying for it and cant use it. I hope my early term fees will be dropped so I can drop Sprint. I have never had such poor excuses from a phone company trying to save there own butts, and telling us we are trying to fix this problem, when we all know the problem is not being fixed and is not going anywere. I just cant wait to be done with them..

Journeyman

I couldnt agree more. I called one time, and had the representative walk me through a step by step process to send a picture message. He said I wasnt receiving data charges and to send pics all I want. Well, I listened - low and behold, the next month I was receiving 6-10$ charges EXTRA for only 3 messages!!! I called and told I was given the WRONG information, but they would be HAPPY to sign me up for a data plan. Then the representative told me the ONLY way to send pictures without incurring an EXTRA fee, was to have the data plan. I then brought to her attention, it was FALSE advertising and I wanted to speak to a suporvisor....conviently, the phone then hung up ... hmmm, coincidence? I think not! I will drop Sprint like a bad habit as soon as my contract is up!

Journeyman

I have been dealing with these same issues for years....I had at one time blocked all data from all 5 of my phone lines because they said that I could send picture mail but not receive it!!!!  Wat a crock of bs.....I got tired of not being able to send my mom who lives in Florida pictures of my newborn daughter so I pay an extra $15 just for their stupid data pack so that I don't incur any rediculous charges for my pic mail that I am supposed to have anyway.....Everytime I call sprint, I get a different story......ridiculous!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I am SO glad to hear I'm not alone with the data charge problems. Month after month I dread looking at my bill because even though I only use my phone for calls and text messaging, I'm charged for data usage. I was just informed that this is the last time that Sprint will credit my account for these charges even though I didn't do anything to incur them. It is SO frustrating! I want to change carriers but since I have a family plan, I'll have to pay Sprint $400. to terminate my contract. I've been with Sprint 9 years and this is the thanks I get for being a loyal customer.

Message was edited by: my2pigs

Journeyman

I had the same problem.  People were sending me and my daughter picture mail and we were getting charged casual data usage.  I called sprint and they put a block on all data so now neither of us can use the picture mail feature.  We have the family all messaging package that includes unlimited text voicemail and picture messages.  They did not credit my account for these charges either.  I have had several issues with Sprint in the last 2 months.  Now neither of our phones gets a good reception at home and mine doesn't at work.  They will not work with us at all, and they expect us to buy new phones at full cost because we still have a year on our contract.  I am fed up.!!

Journeyman

I was getting charged for data usage as well. I got pic mail blocked on my phone so I wouldn't have to pay when other people try to send me pics. But if I take a pic and save it to my phone I get charged! Why do I get charged? It's my phone; if I wanna fill it with pictures why should I pay for that? So now I just don't take pictures on my phone at all. Not to mention I don't get very good reception... I don't think I like Sprint so much.

Journeyman

I am a new Sprint customer and have just received my first full bill.  I have around $100 of extra charges for "casual data usage" and the only thing we have done is my daughter has received some photos and my husband and I have taken some but not sent them to anyone.  W e also have a charge for a premium service for 9.99 that semms to be for a ringtone which none of us have ordered. My 30 day time frame for free cancellation literally ended 6 days ago--anyone know my best course of action because i absolutely cannot afford the se extra charges.  

Journeyman

I am sorry that you got caught up in extra expenses, that has been my mistake in the past as well. I have been a Sprint customer for a very long time and honestly the best way to go if you are going to have a phone that has any access to the internet or anything, is get the Everything Data Plan. You will never be charged for those things. I have the Everything Data Plan With 3000 minutes and 3 phones, one for my fiance', one for my son, and one for me. I pay a couple hundred a month for my phone but that is because I opt to have unlimited everything except the minutes, which we NEVER use up because now with the everything data plan you can call any provider's cell phone and get free mobile to mobile calls. I also pay for insurance on all 3 phones and international to Canada, Roadside Assistance etc. so my charges are a bit higher. I think it is a little over $100 for just one phone and this would give you much more access and no surprises! Hope it all works out for you.

Message was edited by: DJEVILBERRY

Message was edited by: DJEVILBERRY

Journeyman

I'm a college student and I play college softball of course I got the 450 messaging plan so I could send pics to friends and family, but every time I did send picture the causal data usage would say some ridiculous price. I don't have the money or patience to deal with, Sprint taking the little money I do have. They should fix the problem immediately because they will lose valuable costumers. I thought unlimited meant just that not unlimited plus the extra charges of 3 cent per KB with the pictures you send . I really ticked I'm paying for something I can't use. False advertisement. 

Journeyman

I had the same problem a couple of months ago and was told that I had incurred the charges which I could not understand because I barely use my phone and have over 150 minutes left over each month out of a total of 450 minutes.  I only use it for texting and an occasional picture message here and there.  I had the picture mail blocked for almost three months to avoid these charges.  But I don't think it's fair for Sprint to advertise and offer a service which has hidden fees.  I had it reinstated to see what happens this month with the bill…I have my lawyers at the ready and with this page I also have proof that it's not just me!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.