Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Repeat Texts Samsung Galaxy S8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Receiving Repeat Texts Samsung Galaxy S8

Got the phone last week. 

An hour ago I started to receive repeats of texts sent to me from multiple numbers. It is only on my phone that it looks like two were sent. I have not been sending repeat texts. 

I have made sure all my apps are up to date, I was using Textra but deleted it and went back to the default messaging app and the problem persisted. Restarted phone multiple times. Made sure PRL and profile were up to date and then again restarted the device. Checked for software updates as well. 

Help. 

27 REPLIES 27
Sprint Social Care

Re: Receiving Repeat Texts Samsung Galaxy S8

Hello blmarks.

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We are aware of the duplicate Text messages issue on the Galaxy S8. This is an issue that Samsung and Sprint are working to resolve. The solution will come on the next Update coming soon. Thank you for your patience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This doesn't seem to have been resolved. Are you still working on this issue? I see a lot of threads in regards to duplicate text messages. My mother and I just upgraded to S8 and we are both getting repeated texts (I seem to get them more than her). What is causing this issue as it is extremely annoying.

Thanks

Sprint Social Care

Hello jassy1998, does those devices have the latest software update?

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can say my updated Galaxy s8 is still doing it and it sucks, please fix thisScreenshot_20171114-000712.png

Screenshot_20171114-000726.png

Journeyman

Sorry for the late response. Yes, we both have the latest updates. I wonder if it has to do with the messages being chat vs sms/mms. My messages keep switching to chat even though I keep marking to have it default to text/mms. I just turned off the Rich Communications settings today, so will see if that helps any.
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. I did a live chat with a rep and we did the recent on the dial pad. It seems there is still an issue between Samsung and Spring I suppose. I guess we have to wait and see if it gets corrected. It's very annoying to receive text messages duplicated. 

Journeyman

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY BRAND NEW IPHONE 8. IT STARTED AS SOON AS I GOT IT YESTERDAY. SOOOOO ANNOYING! AND NO ONE CAN FIX IT. 

Journeyman

Hello Sprint _Juan, 

I have been having this issue with my S8 since 11/12/17. Has the same issue resurfaced?  If so,  when should I expect a resolution?  TIA

@Sprint_Juan wrote:

Hello blmarks.

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We are aware of the duplicate Text messages issue on the Galaxy S8. This is an issue that Samsung and Sprint are working to resolve. The solution will come on the next Update coming soon. Thank you for your patience. 

Journeyman

No it's not just Samsung! It's happening on my iPhone 8 since I got it yesterday!
Journeyman

I Juan,

I have the S8+ and I'm having the same issue that started today.  It is not happening with other Sprint customers just Verizon so far. I haven't tested the other networks.

Journeyman

Im having this same issue on my Galaxy 8. Updated all my apps, profile, prl, system is up to date and restarted my phone. I also deleted all my text messages and nothing is helping. ITS VERY ANNOYING! I know Sprint says they are aware of the issue but is this really getting addressed?!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.