cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Repeat Texts Samsung Galaxy S8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Receiving Repeat Texts Samsung Galaxy S8

Add me to the list of Samsung users having an issue with duplicate texts.  I just switched from my S6 Edge+ to the Note 8 and I am suffering from a number of texting a mms issues.  

#1 annoyance is duplicate text messages.  

#2 is that my phone doesn't retrieve MMS messages when on WiFi, which is not how my s6 Edge + behaved

Journeyman

I am having the same problem, though not with all messages or even all messages from a given sender.  I have my messages delivered to an activesync account as well and have noticed that when I do get the duplicate messages the sender is listed differently in Outlook for each copy.  One is the 10 digit phone number while the other is +1 and the 10 digit phone number - i.e.: 5551239876 and +15551239876.  It also seems to be that it is switching from one of these numbers to the other when the duplicate happens.  I will receive 2-3 messages from +15551239876 then a message that comes from both +15551239876 and 5551239876 and then newer messages are received from 5551239876.

Thought I would share just in case that helps narrow down the cause.

Journeyman

Hi, my issue cleared up the same day I posted it. Not sure if it was something Sprint fixed or not but I didn't do anything to my phone to fix it.

Journeyman

Hi KelleCortez. Please make sure that your software is up to date, also, since when are you experiencing this issue?

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is still happening on my phone.  From multiple numbers & it's not only duplicates,  I'm getting sometime 3 -5 of the same message all clustered & coming in at the same time. Kind of annoying since each one sounds the notification, one after the other after the other after the other!!!!  Come on, please fix this

Sprint Social Care

Hey guero382, allow us the opportunity to assist you and improve your experience. Do you receive separate duplicated messages 3 or more times?  Did you receive duplicate text in the last 14 days? Does your device has the latest software?

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm sorry, I didn't do anything to fix my issue. It just stopped and hasn't come back so far. There are some trouble shooting sites out there you can Google for... maybe one of them will help solve your issue.

Journeyman

Yes, I just updated yesterday & the problem got worse.  I don't have a screenshot, but from a 3-4 people I got the same text twice from them.  Each time it was a different text, but it would repeat.  From another person, the text "I did it & it popped up again" hit my phone 6 times & from the same person,  the text "I asked JJ to close it" hit my phone 5 times......in a row.  

Wizard

guero382.

Does it happen in multiple locations? Are you connected to an Airave when the duplicates arrive? Please send us the nearest Cross street and ZIP of where you experience these issues.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, it happens anywhere. & it happens if I'm connected to WiFi or just on the LTE.  I can be at 85711, 85713, 85712, 85716.....Like I said, anywhere & on any connection

Wizard

guero382.

We'd like to take a closer look at your case and attempt some troubleshooting steps. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am currently having this issue as well. Galaxy s8+. I am recieving repeating texts 2-3 sometimes. Has been on going since i recently switched to sprint as for there prices are more comfortable along with an unlimited data plan that i also have issues with in many areas, down to 3g sometimes none at all and than lte. I admit my lte is pretty standard as its connection but jumps down a lot and does not run simple connections, basic web-browsing to youtube, etc. Please help. Thanks for any replies.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.