cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to email message sent to 9999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com converted to picture mail.

Journeyman

Reply to email message sent to 9999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com converted to picture mail.

A reply from my phone that was sent via Email to 9999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com looks like it is converted to a picture mail, reply is not recoginized by POP3 server.

Is there a different service that replies using a plain text reply?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reply to email message sent to 9999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com converted to picture mail.

Was the number actually showing 9999999999? If so it will need to be an actual 10 digit phone number. Let me know what you were trying to do?

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

Re: Reply to email message sent to 9999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com converted to picture mail.

I used 5073826804@messaging.sprintpcs.com to send the text message from my phone.

I work for a software company that has a product that sends email or text alerts from an IBM system i. I have a customer that is experiencing the same problem.

I have an iPhone 5.  I've tried it from an smtp server using pop3 to receive replies, and from a gmail account.

In each case the reply message comes back with Subject: New message.  You have a picture / video message from 5073826804@pm.sprint.com.

The actual message I replied with is in an attachment text0.txt. 
This attachment contains the original subject line and the reply message.

I'm looking for a phone setting or different server or address in order to keep the reply message as plain text.

I can forward a copy of the message I get back if that would be helpful.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.