cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM TEXT CODE 9016 SHORT CODE FROM SPRINT

Journeyman

SPAM TEXT CODE 9016 SHORT CODE FROM SPRINT

9016 SPAM text that keeps poping up on my new blackberry style now. It has been going on now for over 4 weeks with no solution from Sprint to fix. THEY DONT KNOW HOW. and I am sick of repeating myself to every new rep I get to explain the problem every hour and then sometimes 3 at a time of this short code text comes through my phone and NO ONE at Sprint knows how to delete it and stop it from coming to my phone. I have to shut my phone off at night because the text comes through hour on hour all through the night. about 20 reps later and they still try to go back to the beginning .... IS THERE NOT A SYSTEM IN PLACE THAT ALLOW EACH REP TO SEE WHAT THE OTHER REP DID AND GO FROM THERE.... AND A CALL BACK SO I CAN CALL YOU BACK ..Instead of getting disconnected and NO ONE calls me back like promised.. it happend 4 times already. I had to call back and explain it all over again from the beginning. This is the first of many blasts I wll line up on the internet to expose this craziness..!!!!!!  THIS IS THE LAST TIME I RENEW WITH SPRINT..

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: SPAM TEXT CODE 9016 SHORT CODE FROM SPRINT

Im sorry your going through the exact same problem i am even right down to the promise to research and call me back. I have yet to get a call. It worked fine until the thirty second day of me having it. i would of kept my 8350i and dealt with the texts not comin in till later or all at once and sent it back. I never thought id say it but im considering waying my options. Enough of the ramble, this will help in the mean time. Go to security>firewall>enable for tex>( under exceptions) set it for contacts. This will stop you from seein or hearing any tex that does not have the number listed in your contacts. They would"nt even tell me that to at least stop it for now.I had to figure that out myself. I would of least felt like they were concerned about the annoyance. It works for now and it will show you how many it blocks so you can show them what youve been put through. Much love for the blackberry,not much love for sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am with you, I got a new BlackBerry Style also and it started about two weeks ago.  I have been able to get Sprint on the phone, but no one seems to help.  They say they have it blocked and then I just get 10 more after that.  Today I called and they blocked something and then I could not send any texts.  I just got off the phone with them AGAIN and same thing, repeat myself and then they say they block something they can't even see hang up and two more right after that.  I like Sprint and have had them forever, but if this does not get fixed quick..........  BLAST AWAY

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANKS WE'LL SEE HOW THIS WORKS

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have a BB Style and am having this issue.  Has anyone figured out what the issue is?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not but I just did the quick fix right now, options, security, firewall, check enable, text and then contacts.  It is getting old right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

First of all....great post and 'fix' provided by lynyrdj via the security settings...thank you!

Second, I have to concur with the rant on Sprint Customer Service by SUNSHINETLB....I mean seriously, Sprint, you are about a decade behind in the technology available for a more seamless CS experience.

To be routed to India for your  call ("Helloooo, my name is Bob") and have to painfully step by step your issue as the agent is trying to read off a manual on their desktop, only be told "Sooo sourry, must send you to technical support"....to THEN....have to start the whole name, pin #, security code answer, birth date, mother's maiden name, first school, first address explanation over again....give me a break!.

I purchased a BB style for Christmas and have had to deal with Sprint CS about 15 times...no joke...and I laugh with my wife before each call, informing her that I am about to "go into the matrix"....pathetic.

Nice commercial's on NFL Fox....at least you've got that going for you.

Too bad the back end is broken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My daughter's new Style started yesterday with this nightmare. Online Chat guy said to call accounts 866240-5176 - after he sent me directions "how to block a text" - -

Highlighted
Journeyman

Texts from 9016 are for the Visual Voicemail apps on Android phones. Not sure how or why you're getting them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Abe, you're right...  It seems that there is a problem with the Style Visual Voice Mail and the Android Visual Voice mail.  I believe what happend with me, was they had activated the Android Visual Voice mail code on my Blackberry Style which was causing me to get these 9016 messages.  Someone from care was able to fix it last week.  I no longer get them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Something I did 2 weeks ago that eliminated the problem was download the most current software updates available on Sprint for the Style:

www.sprint.com/downloads > Smartphones > Style > 1609 update released on 12/22

Highlighted
Journeyman

I work for Sprint and saw your post. First, please allow me to apologize for the problems everyone has had and the lack of help you received. Although blocking the texts stops them from showing up, it does not cure the problem, and you will want to make sure you unblock them after correcting the issue.

The above poster is correct. 9016 is a visual voicemail code and this is a known issue with the BB Style. RIM has issued a software update 6.0.0.407 that corrects the issue. You can either download the update over the air, or over the wire. Before you do either, you will first need to install the BB Desktop Manager on your computer. You can get that at www.blackberry.com/desktopsoftware and follow instructions for downloading and installing. After you have installed the desktop manager, make sure you sync your phone to backup your contacts and other important info in case it is deleted during the update.

To update over the wire, you will need to go to www.sprint.com/downloads and choose Smartphones. Then choose More Details in the bottom right corner of the box with the SW update and download the software to your computer. You will install through the desktop manager.

1. To update over the air, choose the Options Icon (looks like a wrench).
  2. Clhoose Device.
  3. Choose Software Upgrades.
  4. Select 6.0.0.407 wireless BlackBerry Device Software upgrade package.
  5. Choose Next.
  6. Choose Start Download.
  7. Choose either Upgrade Now. or to schedule a time to install BlackBerry Device Software, choose Schedule Upgrade.

Warning: You will be unable to use the BlackBerry smartphone or make emergency calls for up to 2 hours during the installation process.

Hope that helps everyone!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.