cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Text Messages Delayed Days?

Highlighted
Patron

Sent Text Messages Delayed Days?

I had a Sprint Nexus S for about a year that was working fine, then a few weeks ago my texts started being delivered all at once to my friends during the middle of the night.  My friends would then text back really confused. 

I called Sprint and they did something and "fixed" it and then it all happened again the next day.  I called back and was told to take my phone to a sprint store, where I left it over night, and they "fixed" it, til it started doing the same thing a few days later.  I called the store and they said that I should send in my phone to samsung since it was still under a year warranty.  Then I pulled out my old flip phone and activated it and sent it my Nexus S to Samsung. 

Now my flip phone is doing the EXACT SAME THING.  My friends will only receive some texts and then will get a bunch all at once a few days later.  I called Sprint to tell them that this is proof that it is a problem with the network and wasn't a problem with the phones, obviously it is still happening with another phone, but they told me that my flip phone has the same problem and I need to get it fixed too...... REALLY, two phones having the exact same problem?  I really doubt that.

Anyway, I am at lost for what to do now.  Sprint tech support doesn't know what's going on, neither does the Sprint store...My Nexus S is still at the Samsung factory, but I know now that I shouldn't have sent it because it wasn't a phone problem.  I hope I get it back.  My friends are still not receiving most of my messages.

Anyone with any ideas?

PS this problem has happened to me in all different locations: good service, bad service, Mass, California - so I know it doesn't have to do with reception or roaming.

PPS. Interesting tidbit: When I send picture mail, my friends DO receive it in a timely manner. So now I have just began sending all picture texts, not extremely effcient for me or Sprint.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Sent Text Messages Delayed Days?

I am glad (but yet sadened) to hear that some other than myself and my 3 other family members are having the same exact problem and we ALL have different phones yet have the same exact problem.  After talking with friends who also have Sprint they have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM, again, with all different phones including 2 with blackberry's.  My husband & I upgraded to sprints newest phones thinking this would help....far from it, the problem continues.  Called a sprint tech and they said they haven't heard of any such problems going on, REALLY!  Sprint, please do something about this serious problem -  -people are wanting to change cell phone companies because of the ongoing problem(s).  Sprint service is in need of a serious overhaul!  

Journeyman

I've had the same issue with my phone for about ten days now, where my about half of my sent texts are delayed, though all incoming texts are fine.

Patron

I finally realized that when I disconnected google voice from my sprint account the problems with delayed texts stopped.  I am very disappointed in this because I love google voice and used it almost daily for the last year.  I guess something went wrong in the last couple weeks.  I might try it again in a month or so, but using google voice wasn't worth the delayed text problems.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.