cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages not being sent or received

16 REPLIES
Journeyman

I have a Nexxus S and for two days so far not been able to recieve any text messages from my husband.  He and I both have service, we sit right next to each other and I do not recieve his message.  He on the otherhand recieves mine.  I recieve everyone else's messages just not his. 

I have pulled the battery from my phone and reset it.  My phone is not rooted.  It's pretty much still stock out of the box!  There are no task/app killers either.  I am in the 06053 area code.

Journeyman

You know what would be really super sweet? If EVERYONE could look at wherever it is you get that report. I've had my epic for a year and a half. I thought everyone was just over exagerating the issues with it for the first year since I had little to no problems.  Starting in about June 2011, nothing but trouble. Couldn't get a signal reliably in 46204 or 46052 (work and home) or anywhere else in mid to nw indianapolis territory from June-August. Kept getting the "there is a tower problem and we are working on it" line. there was another window of tower problems where several people in 46052 couldn't get signal, again, "tower problem". I understand there are unexpected outtages, but for weeks at a time??

Since gingerbread update my text messages don't go out reliably. I just sent 3 or 4. It took about 5 resends to get one of them to go thru, haven't gotten the others to yet. But I did get incoming texts.

Get with it, Sprint. Gonna look pretty stupid if no Sprint customers can send texts from the Superbowl.

Journeyman

Couldn't agree more. Switched to Sprint in October from At&t and have had nothing but problems with texts and phone calls. I've never had issues in my home with At&t or T-Mobile.

"Tech support told us the issue was with a tower getting maintenance, then it was our phone.  So, like many others in this community we did all the troubleshooting techniques requested by tech support with no resolution. "

The exact same situation here. At first it was a "tower issue", then it was supposedly my "iphone hardware". I was directed to call Apple Customer Service and told that I was not using "common sense" because if i'm "having problems with an apple product, common sense would dictate I call Apple Customer Service".

I brought the phone to Apple and they checked it out and found nothing wrong with it.

Sprint "techs" have tried the ## service update about 25 times, each one failed. Never once offered a rebate or offered to waive the early termination fee.

Journeyman

We have been dealing with texting issues for the past 6 months now for things like duplicate text messages, delayed text messages, and messages coming in with a time stamp 5 hours in the future.  These issues have occurred with the Samsung Epic, Samsung Conquer, and Apple iPhone.  It appears to only happen when we are in a roaming status which for us is the only choice we have to get any type of service what-so-ever.  Tech support told us the issue was with a tower getting maintenance, then it was our phone.  So, like many others in this community we did all the troubleshooting techniques requested by tech support with no resolution.  I can understand some duplicating of messages because of being in a roaming status, but when I am paying well over $100/mth + $10/mth for unlimited data/4G I expect much better service.  Afterall, we have lived in this area since 2002 and started having these issues within the last year.  I would provide my zip code, but that would be deceiving because that is just our mailing address zip code, 15miles away, and not our physical home address zip code, 10miles away.

I have recently been working with a business relations representative, only because I requested to speak with a regional VP, on our issue and have been told that if this issue doesn't get resolved that she would get us out of our contracts so we can choose another provider.  Maybe I am the only one that finds it strange that Sprint would rather lose a customer of 9+ years that has a $129.99 plan with an Android and iPhone device, extra $20/mth, instead of actually working to fix the issue by installing a closer tower which could bring on new customers.

Looking forward to Sprint fixing this issue

Dwain

Journeyman

Re: Text Messages not being sent or received

My Wife has an EVO Shift, I have the Epic 4G, 84106 zip, has been going on for at least a month.

Specifically, of a 2 part txt only the second part is received, ever doesnt matter the time frame.  That is for both of our phones.

She is running 2.3.3 (Evo Shift)

I am running 2.3.4 (Epic 4G)

updated the prl's and got hers to send a two part, it worked

sent a 2 part from mine   (epic to evo shift) and she only got the second part again

Journeyman

Mine's an LG Optimus and when I got my new update it crashed my phone. It would constantly restart itself and half my apps no longer worked. They had me restore to factory defaults and reinstall the update. It still shuts down randomly but now only every other day...

Journeyman

iphone 4 with iOS 5.0

There is an update to this for iOS5.0.1 are there any bugs that this would correct in text messaging?

Twistr25,

I do not see any outages for 32669. Is your phone displaying that you are in a roaming area? I can also look into your account to make sure you are not blocked for text messaging. Could you please private message me so I can get more information from you?

Journeyman

I have been having the same issues today. I get an Error Code:97. I tried restarting my phone and it's still not working well. I'm in zip code 32669

What type of device do you have? We definitely want to make sure you have the current software on your device. If your software is current and you are still experiencing issues with text in the 44313 area, you can always call  technical support by dialing *2 on your cell phone or else 1-888-211-4727 (prefrerred method) on a landline phone, and get this reported in and possibly may need to submit a CTMS ticket.

Ray