cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages not being sent or received

Journeyman

Text Messages not being sent or received

I don't know if this is the correct platform for this or not.   For the past few weeks now my texts are not being delivered and any incoming responses are incredibly delayed if not received at all.  Is any one else having this issue?  I have 2-3 bars of service at this time although I'm alternating between 3G and no data coverage.  I turned off imessaging to see if that could be the cause of the problem but it doesn't appear to be helping.   When I'm at home I have 4-5 bars of service but still have the same issue.  This is pretty lame sprint, pretty lame.   I'm a BRAND NEW customer, I've only received one bill.  This is not a good way to start this relationship, especially because I'm stuck with you for 2 years. 

16 REPLIES

Re: Text Messages not being sent or received

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your text messages. It could be tower issues. Could you please provide me with your zip and or some streets where you live.

Thanks

Journeyman

I'll give you two zip codes.  44302 and 44203.

I did not see any outages in the 44302 area but there is a reported outage in the 44203 area.Details are below. We are aware of this issue and working on a quick resolution.

Services AffectedTicket #Outage DescriptionBegin
Date
SeverityETRLast
Updated
Cellsites Affected
Single Cellsite 8171490 At 2011/12/01 14:47:56 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Cleveland : Akron Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) . 12/01/2011 08:47:00 CST 3 12/02/2011 09:05:20 CST 12/01/2011 09:10:43 CST CL70XC817 Barberton OH 44203
Journeyman

Thank you.  That is helpful information.   However, multiple texts were just received by by my friend that I had sent on Sunday afternoon (11/27) from the 44302 area code, while I am in fact currently at 44203.  Are there any issues around 44313? That covers a larger area of Akron. Thank you for your time.

The services may be intermittent in the 44203 area, and I also did not see any reported outages in the 44313 area.

Journeyman

I'd still like to address the issue that I'm having with them not sending while at 44313. Are their any equipment or software issue that could be causing this problem?

What type of device do you have? We definitely want to make sure you have the current software on your device. If your software is current and you are still experiencing issues with text in the 44313 area, you can always call  technical support by dialing *2 on your cell phone or else 1-888-211-4727 (prefrerred method) on a landline phone, and get this reported in and possibly may need to submit a CTMS ticket.

Ray

Journeyman

I have been having the same issues today. I get an Error Code:97. I tried restarting my phone and it's still not working well. I'm in zip code 32669

Twistr25,

I do not see any outages for 32669. Is your phone displaying that you are in a roaming area? I can also look into your account to make sure you are not blocked for text messaging. Could you please private message me so I can get more information from you?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.