cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messaging Timestamp Issue

SOLVED
Journeyman

Text Messaging Timestamp Issue

I have been having problems lately with text messaging. Every now and then i will get a random text message that comes in at one time, but then says it's from the future. Example, i get a message from my wife at 10:30am today, but for some reason it says i got it at 3:20pm. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, do you have a solution?

Also, i seem to be getting random duplicates. Some messages are coming in twice right in a row.

Message was edited by: Death259

49 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Text Messaging Timestamp Issue

So i guess no one else has had this problem at all?

It makes it super annoying when i have a conversation that doesn't make sense, since my hello is at the end of my conversation. Anyone at least have any ideas on what might be causing this? I'm not using any SMS software, just the basic android messaging.

Journeyman

I am having an issue with text message timestamps also. 

The sprint tech i talked to on my lunch break told me it was probably and issue with my dad's carrier (T-Mobile)

I only notice it with texts to and from T-Mobile users.

Journeyman

Well, the only problem with that, is the only person i've really noticed it with is my wife who is also on sprint. I do work out in bum*****no where, so i don't know if that is part of the problem. But i will get 3 texts in a row just fine, then maybe the next two are at the wrong time, or maybe it's just one. Then i won't get any for a while (day or so).

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

yeah, it seems to be a random issue, because i just got a handful of texts that are timed/dated correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem about two weeks ago receiving text messages from my two children who each have Sprint phones.  I powered off my phone, let it sit for about a minute and then turned it back on.  The problem hasn't occurred again... yet.

Journeyman

my husband is having similar issues.  he will go two weeks without receiving any texts, then they all come in at once from various users.  i have sprint as well, and when i try to text him, he never gets them.  however, we have friends on verizon that try to text him as well, and he is not receiving those either.

Journeyman

http://forums.palm.com/t5/Palm-OS-WinMo-Software/Text-messaging-time-stamp-issue-for-incoming-on-Tre...

Follow some of these steps...I changed my registry which was really easy and it fixed my Treo Pro time issue...

Journeyman

Well today i finally figured out why my phone is giving me bad times on texts. I work on the edge of the sprint network, so part of the time i am roaming, and part of the time i am not. Today, up until now, i was roaming. All text messages that i got were given a bad time (3:30 or later). I got back into the spritn network just now and all of my texts have been given the right times. Having said all this, has anyone else that lives or works on the edge of the sprint network been experiencing this phenomenon?

Oh, and tedwards, i dont have a palm phone, so i doubt that palm registry fix will fix my phone.

Journeyman

I have had this issue too with the incorrect timestamp on text messages. Like you I also noticed that it was related to receiving text messages while roaming. I do not believe there is anything that we can do to fix this on the phone. I had this problem with the LG Rumor I had before the Moment, so it appears to be a network issue rather than a phone problem. I am not sure whether the problem is with Sprint or the network that we are roaming on when the phone receives the text. Most likely one network is using UTC or GMT time zone to timestamp the message when passing it between the carriers and this causes the incorrect timestamp.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.