cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messaging Timestamp Issue

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: Text Messaging Timestamp Issue

I have the new HTC EVO4 and have this problem with all messages no matter the carrier they come from or where I am. It occurs with messages from phones on my account and in areas where I have 4G. And I'm in a major city. Sprint had me do many things to my phone, including reset it and i lost all my calendar information and everything I had just set up on it and nothing helped and they only said to trade the phone as if it were a hardware problem. I'm going to call back with some of the information I read on this post thread and see what they say.

Journeyman

Just call Sprint.  They will tell you how to fix it.  I had the same problem -they just had to send me a text message to a link where the download was.  I went to the link, downloaded it onto my phone and then the dates were back to 2010.

Journeyman

all my texts time stamp is in 2016 since JAn of 2010.. This is getting really frustrating!

Journeyman

If you are roaming, it will show a different timestamp.  Probably your issue is sometimes the message comes thru a non-sprint tower.

Journeyman

I also have the Treo Pro and was having the same problem.  I also had the problem where it was dating everything 2016.  I downloaded the fix for the 2016 issue and it actually fixed the timestamp issue!  That same issue was also causing my texts to be all out of order!

If you don't know where to find the fix, just call customer service, tell them you have the treo pro and tell them you want the fix for the 2016 issue.  I don't see that you had that issue, but for some reason, downloading that fixed the other issue as well, so there must have been something else in there.

Wizard

donny0220 wrote:

ok, here's my thing, does anyone know if you can forward text messages on the samsung moment cellphone. i can not figure this one out... please help

LoL.

Off thread topic, but the answer is:  To forward a text message, open it, then long press on the text of the message, and one of the options that pops up is "Forward".

Journeyman

ok, here's my thing, does anyone know if you can forward text messages on the samsung moment cellphone. i can not figure this one out... please help

LoL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this problem, too.  Are there no updates from Sprint about the issue?  It's really frustrating!!!  My wife and I both have Sprint phones and can be in the same town when this happens.  I have also had this happen with texts from non-Sprint phones.

Journeyman

hey i have an samsung moment with sprint. and i thought i was losing my mind, i will get text messages with crazy times on them, and theyre all out of order, so i have to find myself in the conversation.. any idea why this is happening?

Journeyman

My problem is that my phone,Palm treo pro, only stamp DATE (e.g 4/24) to all my incoming texts, with no TIME.  So if i have several texts same day, There is no way for me to know the actual time the texts came in. This is very annoying.