cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messaging history.

Journeyman

Re: Text Messaging history.

I know ATT provides a list of incoming/outgoing text numbers...this happens to my dad's account, and since my sister has an unlimited plan, the bill is sometimes upwards of 50 pages...

Journeyman

budgreene asked: "Wouldn't that same theory apply to phone calls also? The phone numbers are shown for incoming and outgoing on my bill but there is no transcript of the actual conversation. All I'm asking is why cant I get the same info for texting? Why would it be a violation of anyone's privacy to see a list of incoming and outgoing numbers for texting?"

Because the phone call list only shows the number called, the time the call happened, and the length of the call. It does not show any part of the conversation.

I'm sorry that the text details are not showing on the bill. I'm sorry we don't have a way to do this.

Outside of breaking it down to what I posted I can't think of anything else to add to it. I did not post that speaking as Sprint, I posted it speaking as me from my point of view as a fellow consumer.

shrugs

Journeyman

Because the phone call list only shows the number called, the time the call happened, and the length of the call. It does not show any part of the conversation.

I'm sorry that the text details are not showing on the bill. I'm sorry we don't have a way to do this.

Outside of breaking it down to what I posted I can't think of anything else to add to it. I did not post that speaking as Sprint, I posted it speaking as me from my point of view as a fellow consumer.

shrugs

Journeyman

T Mobile did the same... full history of evey text.  Wish I could see mine right now.  Hell, six Sprint employees can't even see it to tell me why some of my phones are sending messages from Austria.

Highlighted
Journeyman

" If there was information via text that was only for you and the person that's texting that would show on the bill, and say...your neighbor or someone who lived with you would be able to see that on your bill that is information they could use against you and/or could cause a lot of problems that WE would be blamed for."

That's like saying that Tiger Woods' phone company is to blame for his indiscresions because he called the girls on the phone.

Duh.

Journeyman

Funny as it sounds I don't think they do it do protect YOUR account.  I've been told it's a "privacy" issue...protecting the OTHER person.  It's like when you lose your phone (or it's stolen) and you call to have the last phone number called from your phone, they can provide you with the time of the call but the can't provide the phone number because of privacy.  If it's that private, why can you get the phone number online (you just have to wait a couple of hours for it to register)?  So the question I have is, why can Sprint give a detailed call log of every incoming and outgoing number made to/from your phone but not log of text messages?  I don't think anybody is asking for the conversation and who would expect that anyway?  There's not a difference and it has nothing to do about privacy...I think it has to do with the cost and Sprint doesn't want to deal with that additional cost. It's much cheaper for them to say "provide a sobpoena and we can provide you with that info".

Journeyman

It seems to me that I should have the right to see any text mesasge from any phone in my account, even if I have to pay for the service. I don't want it on paper either, I should be able to log into my account or have a daily email with a summary... I am a parent of teens and I want to be able to protect them from harm, just as I have the right to search their room if I deem it to be necessary. Does anyone find it ironic that when kids get in trouble (or cause it)there are people that blame the parent for not 'having control', but at the same time we are not allowed to watch them?

Journeyman

This is one reason I'm dropping them this month.  They have no customer service.  It is easier to pull teeth than to get a straight answer from them and nobody gives the same answer.  I was attempteing to just get text phone numbers due to harrrassment, talked with six different people who said they were supervisors, and they all gave a different answer.  They were either scared, did not care or did not know what they were talking about.  BYE_BYE SPRINT.  I'm going to a competetor who is more customer oriented, and cheaper for the same service.

Journeyman

The SERO plan is less and less appealing every time I run into stuff like this.

Journeyman

Sprint Reps-  as you can see through all of the postings-  no one is asking for copies of the text messages in the detailed bill.   We are asking for the same service Sprint provides regarding cell phone calls-  date, time, and phone number sent to/received from-   this is not confidential info for the subsciber-  the log is there on our cell phones.  I pay for the service for myself and my family-  if cell phone calls logs do not break the confidentiality/privacy, then how does text messaging logs violate?  My example is... I know when my teenaged kids are using the cell phone... but I would also like to know how late at night they are sending/receiving texts.  

Other cell providers do offer this service, so this is actually a technical investment Sprint is choosing NOT to implement

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.