cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

Could someone tell me why in 2010 we still can't get a text msg log from sprint?

15 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

I forward/sent the text messages from my phone to my email, however it only sends the message body. No from number or date of the original sender.

Journeyman

history

Journeyman

And the Sprint website says we should be able to see the text messaging logs online.  I've never been able to see the  logs in all the years I've tried.  The screen just stays the same.  As a parent it would be much easier than taking the kids' phones and reading through all their texts.  Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms!

Journeyman

I could not agree more.  We need access to our text history logs.  I use this phone for business and have a history of important correspondence that I cannot access or put with my emails and other documents.  Never mind all the lame privacy issues, this is my phone for which I need to access the text history.  If the government wanted these logs Sprint would make them available in a heartbeat.  Give us access, we have a right to these.

Journeyman

I agree to. If I pay for my phone every month then I should have access to all aspects of my phone. I can view my call log and the log of any other number connected to my phone why can't I veiw text messages for all numbers under my name. Seems our rights are being violated. I know friends with other carriers who are able to veiw text messages online for their phones.

Journeyman

This is a reply from Sprint

"Due to privacy concerns, the only text message information that I can
provide to you is the number of text messages you have used. If you need
the details (to or from - date and time) you can contact our Corporate
Security group at (800) 877-7330, option 3. They will require you to
submit a notarized form that you are the account holder."

It is not a universal policy issue, just Sprint's own policy issue.  My friends with other providers can see their detailed text messaging history.  There is a different blog started in 2008 that has a link to FCC complaint site which I have just filed.  One customer also mentioned about obtaining an attorney.  I would not recommend Sprint for anyone who has a need to see the detailed usage, especially parents like me. 

Journeyman

Here is FCC link to file complaint.  http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Message was edited by: lynn_1915

Journeyman

It is probably the pressure of trying to make big bottom line.  Why would Sprint make it difficult of customers to validate the charges?  Maybe FCC can help change that policy.  Like FCC gets Verizon to reimburse the overcharges below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/04/AR2010100406627.html

The FCC began its investigation 10 months ago after customers complained  about the fees, the FCC said in an e-mail statement yesterday. Verizon  Wireless has reportedly put the amount of the overcharges at more than  $50 million in the past two years, the commission said.

Journeyman

I agree 100%. We should complain or sign a petition because its ridiculous that we are not provided with these. all the major carriers do so i don't know why sprint doesn't.  we pay for their services so we should be able to access to whatever we want in OUR account. maybe all the people who want this should file a complaint to bbc or something.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.