cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

Highlighted
Journeyman

Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

I am not able to receive text messages from anyone outside the Sprint network. From within the sprint network, texting is very slow. I live in the Detroit metro area with good 4GLTE coverage. Been dealing with this issue now since I joined Sprint almost 9 months ago.

Here's what I've done so far since I noticed it happening - 

* Update PRL

* Update Profile

* Reset network connection

* Check device settings

* Called Sprint twice. Spent time on Sprint chat twice. Got to higher level support. During each of these instances they said that they had no previous evidence that I contacted them before and said a network engineer would contact me. Nobody has.

* Recently I decided it was my android phone (I had a Moto X2, paid good money for), swapped it for a Samsung S8. Performed the PRL and Profile updates on the new phone, still the texting problem continues.

I believe the issue is within Sprint's allocation of my phone number, something isn't setup right internally at the servers.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any help you can provide. It's been Really frustrating journey so far. Honestly I am thinking of cutting my losses leaving Sprint if this continues.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

Well this is a pickle amsoles. I sent you a PM so I can gather some more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

Appreciate your help. I'll contact you over PM!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.