cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to recieve messages. Msg 2111... why?

Journeyman

The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to recieve messages. Msg 2111... why?

My god- calm down- it is called an OUTAGE- just deal with it for a few and accept the fact that you are not OWED anything everytime someone temporarily doesnt meet your expectations!

Journeyman

Public forum....this is the place where people can come an complain without bothering others...Kinda like church...you gonna go to church an denounce christianity as well?   have a nice day.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi all!

There was a nationwide SMS issue overnight.

• Between  2343 CT / 0043 ET and 0134 CT / 0234 ET, CDMA text messaging via email,  2 way SMS, and SMS (via EMG SNPP) failed nationwide.
  • Customers may have not been to send or receive messages and getting the following errors “The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages. Msg 2111” to all texting activity.
  • The cause of this outage was due to a failed maintenance activity.
  • Service was restored when technicians backed out from the maintenance and reset the Service Layer Proxy (SLP) server.

In otherwords, it should be working now.

Thanks!

Will

Journeyman

My phone is still doing the same thing

Journeyman

Re: The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to recieve messages. Msg 2111... why?

Aside from the outage which caused the "Msg 2111" issue most people in this thread were experiencing, there are still issues with cross-carrier texting which have not been resolved or adequately addressed.

My issue:

I recently purchased a Samsung Focus and switched carriers to AT&T. My girlfriend remained with Sprint, using the Samsung Upstage. Consistently for the past two weeks, I have not been receiving her texts, and she is not receiving any sort of lack-of-delivery notice. We have discovered that I will receive a text from her if she replies to my message, but not if she tries to send me a new message. She is able to receive all the texts I send to her, though she is unable to scroll to off-screen text when I send her picture mail (but I suspect that may be an issue with the Upstage).

There have been complaints about cross-carrier texting on these forums since at least 2008, but I have yet to discover a proper solution. Most of the speculation seems to be that some messages are getting lost within Nextel servers and not reaching their intended recipients. If anyone has a definitive solution, or could point me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.

Cheers!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.