cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking child's text messages

24 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Tracking child's text messages

if ur device ia android, download android lost. u can view sms, calls, and sound record. so much more

Message was edited by: Deavery1 its free and can be hidden from browser

Journeyman

There is an app called MMGuardian that you can download onto a droid smartphone. It allows you to monitor texts, put time restrictions, block apps, ect. I have it on both of my teenagers phones. You can also block a certain phone number from calling and/or texting a particular phone through Sprint.com under "My Preferences". Hope this helps and good luck. 

Journeyman

I'm assuming that PCZero either doesn't have children, or has children that are absolutely abnoxious and is oblivious to how kids are.

Our daughter wants a phone for her birthday, but the problems we have had makes me incredibly leary of getting her one. The short version is her former step-father is a wack job. We currently have a no contact order in place against him. He was found guilty of disorderly conduct (plead down from telecommunications harassment) and has a 30 day jail sentence pending any further attempts at communication. It took us 2 years of dealing with this before anyone could be done. One of the main reasons? Sprint won't allow monitoring. There were about 2000 communications between the two of them within a 30 day period. This child's life has been placed into harms way because we do not have the ability to monitor this information. Therefore, she went without a phone (so it switched to an ipod touch).

We SHOULD have the right to ensure our childrens safety!

Wizard

sportyg007,

Google voice is great. You can see more information by following this link. http://www.sprint.com/landings/googlevoice/?ECID=vanity:googlevoice

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

kids wll be kids dumb a**, sometimes a parent just has to make sure so screw you on that coment

Journeyman

I was wondering if you can give a little more info on googlevoice and how its suppose to work?????

Journeyman

WhereGuard (whereguard.com) is a great solution for this.

It is not that I don't trust my kids - I do. What I don't always trust is a 12 year-old's judgement. Keeping track of what is going on on their phone will let me intervene before things get bad, (although nothing has yet, but it gives me peace-of-mind).

Wizard

Regge63,

As i said, this option is already available via the Sprint/Google Voice integration. You can see all the texts.

If you want to know how to set it up let me know. Why wait.

Journeyman

This is why the 6 of us will be leaving Sprint as soon as our contract is up. I just heard about a completely inappropriate text that was sent to my daughter - she told the counselor at school. But since she deleted it, they can't do anything about it. I want to and should be able to see it. I pay for six phones and other companies allow it. If you don't want adults spying on other adults, ask for the birthdates of every person on the plan - or do what you do with locator and let the person know that someone on the plan can read the texts. Why are you not worried about other adults' privacy where the locator is concerned? Oh yeah, because you charge me for that and can make more money. It's ridiculous.

Journeyman

Not kidding at all.  Teach your children well and if you cannot trust them to use a phone wisely and correctly then do not give them a phone.