cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send premium SMS shortcode from my phone - error 1051

Journeyman

I have an LG Remarq phone.  I've tried a few sites selling content via premium SMS shortcode text.  Whenever I try, I always get the following response as a reply:

To: Me

Message failed.  Shortcode may have expired or shortcode texting may be blocked on your account.  Msg 1051

I called tech support and they say that nothing is blocked from my account.  At one point I did have tech support remove a charge for a service I never ordered (this was at least 4-5 months ago), but I have since requested the ability to send premium SMS.

Any solutions?

10 REPLIES

Re: Unable to send premium SMS shortcode from my phone - error 1051

I will private message you to gather more information.

Journeyman

Re: Unable to send premium SMS shortcode from my phone - error 1051

ClaudiPo follwed up on it and I got the info I needed.

Thanks!

Journeyman

How did you guys figure out how to do it? i get the error everytime i try.  Is it something i can do on my own or does CS need to be the one to help me?

thanks!

Master

Your first step is to call Customer service   so they can check and see if premium text messages are blocked on you line.   While this prevents you from receiving these messages it also prevents you from sending them

Journeyman

One of the Sprint customer service representatives (Claudia) contacted me via pm requesting my Sprint number.  She sent the number to a Sprint tech to review my messaging history.  It turned out that certain short code numbers are either no longer functional with Sprint (66555) or that they have been disabled across Sprint for various reasons (97605).  It turned out that some of the premium SMS short codes would in fact work.

Highlighted
Wizard

Just to clarify, I work on the sprint.com Social Engagement team, so I'm not a Customer Service Agent and don't have access to customers' account or can make changes to them.  I do, however, know many contacts in the Product and Care organizations that I rely on for help.  :-)

Journeyman

Today 12-24-2011 I tried to send it to number 97605 with txt "Radio Here goes message" and it failed saying

"

Message failed. Shortcode may have expired or shortcode texting may be blocked on your account. Msg 1051"

Spent over 1h with Sprint CS and they said everyting's fibe on their end.

Journeyman

i also got that Msg 1051 code.  I would like to be able to send premium SMS. please help me. thanks!

Journeyman

I'm glad its not just me. I alreday contacted service provider http://www.nth.ch/97605

Friend on T-Mobile does not havy any issues. So it must be between Sprint -> 97605

If anyone else has issue with them please contact them:

6. Contact info:

For any additional information about Premium SMS programs and services running on short code 97605 please contact us on:

e-mail: customer.care@nth.ch

Toll free support number: 1-877-254-0915