cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Error 2112 when sending a text message?

SOLVED
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What is Error 2112 when sending a text message?

I live in New York City and have CONSISTENTLY been receiving that failure message for the past two weeks whenever I try to send text messages; ever since May 26.  And as of Saturday June 2 I have also completely stopped receiving voicemail notifications.  I literally have to call my own phone every single time I want to check for messages.

Journeyman

UPDATE: Actually the text message sometimes IS sent but the phone says 'Failed'. And the recipient gets multiple copies when I retry.

Journeyman

I am still experiencing problems today, messaging gateway seems to be up and down randomly.  NYC - 10019

Master

The messaging gateway was down for a bit yesterday but was back online fairly quickly. Texting should be working now.

KY_Keith, customers receiving Error 2112 for texting has been reported to fix agents and currently working to have this resolved. Please try a battery pull and update profile to see if this gets it working now.

Journeyman

What is Error 2112 when sending a text message?

I am getting an error message 2112 when trying to send a text message. I signed into the Sprint site to try and use the chat function for customer service but is has conveintly disappeared...