cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White list reversed.

Journeyman

White list reversed.

I have a messaging whitelist set up. I sent a text to one of the people on the whitelist last night and got a reply back that I had sent a message to one of the people in my blocked list. What's up with that?

I tested from another number that is on the white list and got the message they sent me, so incoming seems to be ok (and I haven't gotten any spam texts since I set up the whitelist. Yea!) but I do want to send the occassional outgoing text too....

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: White list reversed.

Have you tried resending the message and did you receive the same error again?  Maybe there was a glitch somewhere in the system.  Maybe removing and adding the number back to the white list will help?  Maybe recreating the entire white list?  I'd take the phone to a Store and show them the problem

or contact Customer Care to have them use their tools to look into it.

Journeyman

> Have you tried resending the  message and did you receive the same error again? Maybe there was a  glitch somewhere in the system.

If so it is a persistent glitch. I've gotten the same error on two different number across 3 days.

> Maybe removing and adding the number  back to the white list will help?

Now the web page won't let me do this. The situation is getting worse, not better....

> Maybe recreating the entire white  list?

45 numbers... Ugh... That would be a last resort.

>I'd take the phone to a Store and show them the problem or contact Customer Care to have them use their tools to look into it.

Trying to find Customer Care is how I ended up in the forums. sprint.com seems to think that this is the first line of support. That seems a chancy move... Thanks for the link. I'll follow up there.

Wizard

Something is hosed.  I just tried to use the allowlist command on my phone (http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Block_or_allow_text_messages_from_your_phone/case-cx832318-20091103-160141).  I texted allowlist 9876543210 3214567890 6543219870 to 9999 (real PTNs).  I get a message back saying that I have no allowed senders/recipient, all text messages will be blocked. I should get SprintFreeMsg: 3 allowed sender/receivers: “9876543210” “3214567890” “6543219870."  Maybe my problem is also related to yours and there's just something broken.  I'll ask around internally.

Wizard

Okay, my problem was a user error, I didn't realize you had to individually allow each phone number and then use allowlist to make it the active list and get a summary of all phone numbers you set too allow.  Still checking on the other issue.

Journeyman

It appears that numbers need to be entered without dashes for the whitelist to work. I used our paging system to test the incoming text, and it worked, but it is a 4 digit quick code, rather than a 10 digit phone number. When I got the numbers entered without dashes the two I have tried worked. I was able to both send and receive.

It was quite a journey to get the numbers fixed. I tried using the web page to delete and re-add them, but it wouldn't let me delete numbers, and the web page recognized that 801-555-1212 and 8015551212 are the same phone number, so it wouldn't let me re-add them without deleting the old one--catch 22.

So I tried phone support. That took several tries because some agents could hear me, but couldn't help me, while other agents couldn't help. Finally I got one who could both hear and help, and he retyped the numbers for me.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.