cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?

Journeyman

can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?

i would like to know if i am able to check online my past text messages like you can with incoming and outgoing phone calls

44 REPLIES
Master

Re: can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?

Sorry, No. It is not an option with Sprint.

Journeyman

thank you very much you would think with all the technology they would be able to , do you know if any other providers offer that feature ?

Journeyman

Good Evening......

I am sure this is not the information that you were searching for but you are unable to find this information on your Sprint.com account. Due to the Privacy of the message, it was before requested that you obtain a Subpoena to retrieve this infomration but as of now you will need a Notarized letter and submit this information to the Subpoena Complaince Group.

I know this is a little much to do to retrieve your own information or the information for a device on your Account. This is the privacy of this information that we are required to follow.

Great Day & My Pleasure.....

Master

So, Since this is the excuse we always recieve, Can you point me to where this is in writing on sprint.com AND the FCC ruling that states it? And why is it available to "Nextel" customers and not "Sprint"? If I send or recieve a text why would I need a subponia to view a hard copy of it? What's the "Real" reason?

Journeyman

The real reason is that Sprint just doesn't want to do it.  They don't want to take the time for it.  I posted a post a couple days ago about the text message logs and some of the providers that carry it.  You know what I think is funny is that Sprints own Customer Service Reps. don't even use Sprint.  That should tell us all something.   I have been complaining about this issue sice I switched over from the Nextel side.  I am only requesting the phone numbers even and Nextel you can read the whole messages and also with Sprint yo9u can view all the Picture mail sent and recieved including the phone numbers so it is all a line of bull when they say privacy issues plus no other carriers would be able to provide it.  They used to say the same thing about you actual phone call log also and now we can finnaly view that online.  even if we could just get it at the end of our billing cycle on our bill that would be better than not seeing it at all.  Some of us like to see the numbers our kids are texting back and forth with.

Journeyman

you actually used to be able to with sprint about 4 or 5 years ago. i was able to prove my boyfriend wrong when he'd say "i never said i'd go to the movies this weekend" even if i had deleted his "ok" from my phone.

it is quite stupid that you no longer can. My assumption is, someone on the decision making end of this with sprint probably has something to hide from their spouse

Journeyman

Or maybe its because some one before sued because personal information was sent via text message and a copy of it was stored in records. Problem is there is always going to be someone who ruins it for everyone else. If i were a business I would be trying to protect myself from a lawsuit because some dummy wants easy money. Personally I would love to see the feature because it makes it easier to see what you forgot.

Journeyman

Tmoblie gives you the number as well as every number that is sent to and from the phone. It dont have the message details.

Journeyman

Yes, AT&T will not provide the info text has or media picture sent. But they do provide the number of the incoming and out going text, also shows the incoming and outgoing #s of media sent and received.