Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture mail = casual data charges

Journeyman

picture mail = casual data charges

im a bit confused with the picture mail stuff. ive read from some threads and from what was advised by a support agent, that if they are sending a pic and its telling them to connect to internet, they wont be charged any casual data fees. but that does apply toowhen they receive a link to view a picture? wont they be charged for internet for doing that?

ive received a call earlier from a customer who is being charged for casual data charges on 2 lines, and they are claiming that they didnt access any websites. that what they're only doing is to send pictures, receive 'em, and sometimes its directing them to a link but since they're intention is to view a picture they went ahead and access it.i cant even block the NAI coz its needed for the picmail right?

so if they were charged casual data, does that mean they were accessing websites aside from what they're supposed to access?

im really confused right now! n_n

Tags (4)
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: picture mail = casual data charges

My plan does include the unlimited text and picture/video mail, however I continue to have casual data charges on my bill. I have not accessed the web except to send and receive mail. Sprint has removed the charges twice from my bill but have said they do not know whyI continue to get charged. I even have the phone set up so you have to press an extra button to connect, just to make sure there is no accidental web usage. Anyone else having similar problems.

Highlighted
Master

If the customer does not have one of the more recent Messaging Add-ons (read: not text messaging plans), a Talk/Message/DC plan, Everyhting, Talk/Message Share, or Talk/Message/Data Share plan; then they will be charged for the casual usage for accessing picturemail as well as any website.

If the customer has any of the above mentioned plans or add-ons, then they should not be cahrged for accessing picturemail or videomail. Accessing anything other than Pic/Vid mail however will cahrge them for the casual data usage.

Blocking the NAI would remove all ability to access the internet, for everything; same with removing the username.

Highlighted
Master

Only thing I know has been an issue in the past is with On Demand (Now Pocket Express) updating itself every day at 5am or so. I would go into the program if it is on your phone an check the settings, make sure that it is set not to automatically update. See if that solves the issue. This is a theory that I have been researching with some customers coming into the store over the past few weeks as well. If the data usage stops, there is the issue and we have a cause to get it fixed. If it does not stop, then it must be something else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

for all the calls i received with the same issue, i believe it has nothing to do with the ondemand coz i checked that as well.. hope we get it fixed ASAP. thanks for the response!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Duh! you are saying "i don't use the web, but i only check and send email." OF COURSE, by doing that you will get casual data charges. You are just one of thousands of customers who don't get along with technology. If you have a plan that does not include data usage, then why don't you only use what it's featured on your plan, such as the anytime minutes and the text messages if you have a plan for that. Just because for customers like you, Sprint is losing millions of dollars by applying credits for valid charges. Come on people! be responsible for your acts and for what you are using as additional!!!!! wake up!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I talked my husband, his daughter and my grand daughter into cutting off their phones and joining me on Sprint.  Sprint rep called and convinved me to do it.   She said free phones, free pic mail, all the texting you want.   Share 1500 minutes.

I watch from my phone (the only phone with unlimited access) to view their minutes, sprint data, and picture mail.  They were all incurring sprint data charges...each time they used picture mail.    I called Sprint...they said you (the customer) has to go to online sprintpcs and check NO WEB ACCESS for which ever phone I wanted to restrict (still incurring sprint data charges).   Then someone at sprint did a NAI block.  Now no one can receive or send picture mail. 

My family is upset with me.   This is NOT what was offered.  I was promised text and picture mail.  When they did have pic mail and sprint data charges (after 3 hours on the phone) the charges were reversed.  

I am very disappointed.  I should have just left them with ATT

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your post is both offensive AND ridiculous.  I have the EVERYTHING MESSAGING PLAN for my family.  We share minutes, send and receive text messages, and send and receive ONLY picure mail; and, WE STILL INCUR CASUAL DATA CHARGES.  I am not technologically retarded.  I know how to send a picture mail.  Sprint representatives have even admitted on several occasions that is an on-going problem due to daga usage billing errors ON THEIR END.  So, Mr. Knows-more-than-everyone-else, how is this the consumers responsibility.  Perhaps if you had to go through what we have to go through every sinle month you would not be quite to eager to leap to the defense of the true responsible party.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nextime you call Sprint .Make sure you have your call record, so that you can have a evident  of your conversasion . i was lied to 2  time i am sick of it and cant wait for my contract expire so i can switch server. my bill used to be  $53.00 with corporate discount  now i got bill over $96.00 because i trusted their promise and got nailed bigtime. After talking to them ,they refuse to switch back to my old plan .the whole story is i want data plan for 2 phones .if i buy them it would cost me only $23.00 more with my corporate discount but a lady promise for $15.00 more i will get 500 minute more plus data plan with she did  deliver but with a $43.00 extra instead of $15.00 as she promised me. I am a 10years plus custommer and disappointed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint customer service is not like it used to be. I was happy with them back then . Now i am no longer supprise with the turn over ratio they have  even with a good products . Seem like they dont want to change at all. it is so sad

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have Everything Messaging included in my plan, as well as unlimited picture mail. I have gotten a few data charges, but I do not know what from. I do not go on the internet for anything (email, websites, links...). When I go to send a picture message, it forces me to connect to the internet. Could this be where my charges come from?? The Sprint chat rep couldn't tell me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just found out that the newer phones force you to connect to the internet when you SEND picture messages. My phone forces me to connect to the internet. I have a Rant, which I got in late September. This is the only possible way I could be using the internet, but it is not fair because sending AND receiving picture messages is supposed to be UNLIMITED in my plan. I am going to take my phone to a Sprint store to see what other information and options they can provide.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.