cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text from 923-0 number

Journeyman

text from 923-0 number

does this mean the persons phone is off from service or did they change their number?

7 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: text from 923-0 number

9230 is a generic error code.  Can you provide some more specifics.  Usually there is another number at the end of the error message that will give us an idea of what is causing your issues.  Have you tried to text any other numbers?  When did this start?  Have you tried to power cycle your phone and update the profile?  Are all of your other services working?

We'll be able to better assist you with some additional details.

Thanks,

David

Journeyman

i have texted other numbers and it goes through..i would text a specific number and in reply i would get a 923-0 number with a message number 2132. i just want to know if this means the person phone is off or if they changed their number?

Wizard

I'm looking into this as it is not a standard error code.  I will get back with you as soon as I get additional information.

Journeyman

ok thanks

Master

hellothere91-Sorry for the inconvenience.I would suggest you to try this solution and let me know.

Here is what you need to do

Clear data in the Dialer and Dialer storage.... under manage Applications> All.

That is Settings - Applications - Choose All to view All choices - then find Dialer and clear the Data. Repeat this for the Dialer Storage as well. I personally also deleted the message thread first from the text message window and my log history which is a menu item from your call screen.This process will not delete all your contacts

Abe

Master

Make sure the number your texting is 10 digits.
What phone are you using? Here is a thread discussing it - http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/69138?start=0&tstart=0

Highlighted
Wizard

hellothere91,

I've seen several examples where you get this message if the phone you are trying to text is no longer in service.  Can you confirm that this number is still in service?  If so, the SMS process owners have asked to have a ticket put in for this error.  Pleae advise.

Thanks