cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messaging problem

Journeyman

text messaging problem

Hi there, just wondering if there's been any updates on this situation?

Journeyman

text messaging problem

Same thing is happening to me. It's driving me insane and I haven't been able to receive any messages aside from the repetitive 0001/0002 & 0002/0002 one since around 4:00pm June 28th. PLEASE let me know if anyone figures anything out. I went it and got a new phone & everything but it surely is a service problem they said after I returned to the Sprint repair center for the third time last week.

Journeyman

text messaging problem

I am experiencing the same issue.  It is very annoying!  I agree that it must be a network issue.  Hopefully they get this resolved soon.

Wizard

text messaging problem

Hello all,

Just to give you an update, we're still working on a resolution, unfortunately at this time we still do not have any estimated time for a resolution. I know it's inconvenient and I do apologize we are working on it though, we haven't forgot about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

text messaging problem

Just wanted to provide an example of what I've been seeing on and off throughout June 2011 to add to Shane_M's investigation.  Sometime texts show up perfect, and sometimes I have to try to reassemble the puzzle pieces or just call the person which defeats the point of having texting in the first place.  It seems like I get it more frequently for long texts than short texts.  One example of a broken-up message might look like this:

Message 1: “0001/0002: Four score and seven years ago our fat”

Message 2: “0002/0002: hers brought forth, up on this continent,

Message 3: “0001/0002:  a new nation, conceived in liberty, and “

Message 4: “0002/0002: dedicated to the proposition that ‘all m”

Message 5: “en are created equal’.”

More frustratingly, I have seen a message puzzle arrive as follows:

Message 1: “en are created equal’.”

Message 2: “0001/0002: Four score and seven years ago our fat”

Message 3: “0002/0002: hers brought forth, up on this continent,

Message 4: “0001/0002:  a new nation, conceived in liberty, and “

Message 5: “0002/0002: dedicated to the proposition that ‘all m”

I understand that texts might have to be broken up into chunks, but when they arrive with screwed up page numbering schemes and/or out of order, it makes reading the message incredibly difficult.  Looking forward to finding out the problem and solution.

Journeyman

text messaging problem

I'm getting the same dividing issue here on my Palm Pre as well.  It seems to always break the messages into pairs, where msg 1 is 0001/0002 & the right length, msg 2 is 0002/0002 & a fraction more, and msg 3 is the rest of what should have been in the 0002/0002 part.  If you get a super-long text, you also get sets of long/short/long/short pairs until it's all complete.

Journeyman

text messaging problem

I have had both issues...split texts inthe 0001/0002 format and also, as of July 2, 2011 I have not been able to receive ANY text messages at all.  However, I am still able to send them and they are being received.  Nothing is working on the incoming end of the texting process though.

Wizard

text messaging problem

As already stated multiple times, unfortunately, we have not been given an ETA for the fix.  All we know is that they're working on the issue.  I did forward the numerous posts to the Messaging Product Manager expressing the disappointment that this still has not been resolved.

Journeyman

text messaging problem

Based on a) the MANY pages of messages left about the text messaging problem that go back a couple weeks and b) the continuning lack of fix to the text message problem, I suspect Sprint is in meltdown.

Talking with Tech support is useless: last conversation a few hours ago I was told there was no problem.

Taking the phone into the store on July 1, 2011 did not produce any thing, except a waste of my time.

Journeyman

Re: text messaging problem

I know you're saying you're working on it, but I figured that I'd let you know that I'm having the same exact problem on my Samsung Replenish. Just so you know. I really do hope this gets fixed quick. I think we've all been living with it for something like a month, and it's really frustrating.

http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg

Journeyman

Re: text messaging problem

Does everyone else stop receiving all other text messages all together while they receive a million of the same 0001/0002 & 0002/0002 texts like I have been? Are we going to get any compensation for this problem once it is fixed? I refuse to have to pay for defective text messaging since it has not been working for the past three weeks almost.. In and out! But mostly out..

Journeyman

text messaging problem

I havent had a non-sprint text message for nearly 3 weeks, and Sprint customer service in store and on the phone have done nothing but waste my time and have me perform the same steps over and over again. Do not refer people to the stores, as it will do nothing but waste the customers time and patience. I am really unsatisfied not only that the problem persists, but that it took this long for Sprint to even admit to a problem. I am paying for unlimited text messages, but I havent been able to text for 3 weeks.

Whats the holdup? Dont be so secretive, Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.