Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 modems activated on one account?

Journeyman

2 modems activated on one account?

Is it possible to have two modems "activated" at the same time?  For example, I live on the edge of 4g service.  I would like to use a U300 modem when on the go in the 4g areas, but use a 598U modem when back at the house.  Can I do this without switching the ESN?

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sure - at $60 a month each.  🙂

You should not need to do that though - the U300 is a dual mode (2 radios) card that supports both 3G and 4G speeds. When you are in 4G coverage it will connect to 4G; when you are out in 3G coverage it will fall back to 3G.

Are you having problems getting the U300 to connect when you are out of 4G coverage?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I have an external antenna for the 598 that really helps reception inside the house.  The U300 doesn't have that option (that I'm aware of) and I didn't want to spend the money for a new 3G/4G modem with the antenna input since I still have a year on my contract.

Journeyman

I found an adapter cable for the Sprint U300 - http://www.antennagear.net/servlet/the-Sprint-PCS-cln-U301-3G-fdsh-4G-USB-Modem/Categories

My antenna works fine on 3G but I'm still looking for a 4G antenna

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat