ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G/4G Overdrive Charging Jack Starting To Fail

Journeyman

Back in February, I purchased a phone and Overdrive hotspot from Sprint. So far, I've been satisfied.

But now, the charge jack on the hotspot is beginning to fail (won't charge the device unless held / bent at a certain angle.) I'm not sure if it's due to the intense heat the device generates, or the bumpy roads that I endure in my truck drving career.

I am wondering if either

A. There is a separate battery charger available to charge the hotspot's battery, as I have despised those kind of thin charge plugs for years,

or B. will replacing the Overdrive be a hassle?

If I can't find a way to charge the battery once the jack fails completely, and if I have to sit on hold with 5 different people to replace the hotspot, I would rather cancel that part of the contract outright. But I would rather not, because the hotspot has been fantastic when it allows me to wirelessly connect my Xbox to Xbox Live.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: 3G/4G Overdrive Charging Jack Starting To Fail

Sorry for the inconvenience. If  Overdrive battery isn’t charging then you need to take it to the Sprint Repair and Service center to do a diagnostic check on the overdrive unit/charging port and battery. You need to have TEP (Total Equipment Protection) plan to get it checked and  exchanged if found defective.If you're without a phone protection plan are charged $35.00 (regardless of device) for repairs or replacement of customer's equipment for the life of the device. There is a battery charger  available on Sprint Accessories site  http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/OSBrowseAccessoriesDetail?categoryRefName=Charg...

Thanks.

Abe

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.

I can't remember if I opted for the TEP. If I didn't $35 for repairs or replacement is reasonable. But I'm a trucker, and I am never in one place for long. Do the repair and service centers ship back to a mailing address? Thanks.

Master

Send me a private message with your Phone Number and 6 Digit PIN, so that I can check your A/c to see if you have opted for TEP. Yes, your have option to get your replacement phone  shipped to mailing address or you can pick up your device at Sprint Repair Store.

Journeyman

The Overdrive is known to have a flimsy surface mount USB connector, and hundreds of people have had a problem with it.

Check other messages here, or just do a google search.

My old one is sitting off to the side. I'll never buy something from Sierra again.

Journeyman

This is a product defect. They will try to tell you it is your fault. Physical damage and make you pay. This is an ON GOING PROBLEM that Sprint needs to address. They are selling faulty materials to the consumer. I think everyone needs to get together and do something about this, not keep paying to have bad equipment replaced.

If this product is having all these problems then Sprint should remove it from their inventory. It gives SPRINT A BAD NAME!!!

Make good to all your customers Sprint.

I think Sprint should do the RIGHT thing and bring their name back to the good side!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat