cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

598U disconnects from Internet while plugged into MBR1200 Router

Highlighted
Patron

598U disconnects from Internet while plugged into MBR1200 Router

I am using the Sierra 598u connection card on the Sprint mobile network.  When I insert the USB device into my DESKTOP and connect using Sprint Smartview software I get an excellent connection and stay connected with no issues.  Because I want to broadcast a wireless connection to a laptop, I purchased the Cradlepoint MRB1200 router.  When I connect the 598u to the router, I get a connection to the Internet and can access it from the laptop in another room.  Problem:   The Sprint Internet connection is dropped and will not reconnect unless I remove the USB device and reinsert it into the router.  This happens every 2-3 minutes.  So, no productive work gets done.  Sprint tells me that the 598u will not work in a router.  I know THAT is not true.  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

you might try updating the firmware on your router, when i got my 598 it would not work with my cradlepoint ctr500 until i updated the firmware on it.

Highlighted
Patron

I updated the router firmware  to version 1.7.0 released this month (June, 2010).  It does stay connected a bit longer---30-60 minutes--but still disconnects regularly.  I have 3 bars of signal strenth.  It doesn't reconnect on its own, I still have to unplugge the 598u from the router and re-insert it.

Highlighted
Patron

I updated the router firmware  to version 1.7.0 released this month (June, 2010).  It does stay connected a bit longer---30-60 minutes--but still disconnects regularly.  I have 3 bars of signal strenth.  It doesn't reconnect on its own, I still have to unplugge the 598u from the router and re-insert it.  I lied....it disconnected while try to post this reply.  Only stayed connect about 8 minutes.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat