cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

598U disconnects from Internet while plugged into MBR1200 Router

Highlighted
Patron

598U disconnects from Internet while plugged into MBR1200 Router

I am using the Sierra 598u connection card on the Sprint mobile network.  When I insert the USB device into my DESKTOP and connect using Sprint Smartview software I get an excellent connection and stay connected with no issues.  Because I want to broadcast a wireless connection to a laptop, I purchased the Cradlepoint MRB1200 router.  When I connect the 598u to the router, I get a connection to the Internet and can access it from the laptop in another room.  Problem:   The Sprint Internet connection is dropped and will not reconnect unless I remove the USB device and reinsert it into the router.  This happens every 2-3 minutes.  So, no productive work gets done.  Sprint tells me that the 598u will not work in a router.  I know THAT is not true.  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: 598U disconnects from Internet while plugged into MBR1200 Router

you might try updating the firmware on your router, when i got my 598 it would not work with my cradlepoint ctr500 until i updated the firmware on it.

Patron

I updated the router firmware  to version 1.7.0 released this month (June, 2010).  It does stay connected a bit longer---30-60 minutes--but still disconnects regularly.  I have 3 bars of signal strenth.  It doesn't reconnect on its own, I still have to unplugge the 598u from the router and re-insert it.

Patron

I updated the router firmware  to version 1.7.0 released this month (June, 2010).  It does stay connected a bit longer---30-60 minutes--but still disconnects regularly.  I have 3 bars of signal strenth.  It doesn't reconnect on its own, I still have to unplugge the 598u from the router and re-insert it.  I lied....it disconnected while try to post this reply.  Only stayed connect about 8 minutes.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat