cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air card speed issues?

49 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Air card speed issues?

I have been chasing the Sprint dream for almost 4yrs now. Lately the dowload speeds have come down to as low as .010m and very seldom see it above .200m. So I get a very nice woman who tells me I have been connected to a partner tower for the last 4yrs, she will fix it. And call me back. She did call once or twice, with no progress made, the engineers are working on it. I have my air card connected to a Bidirectional amp and an antenna at 64' in the air. I had receive signals of -65db and an Ec/Io of 2db.. And speed test showed 800ms ping time and anywhere from .010m to .300m. One morning I did a test and it got up to .900.. I thought maybe she fixed it..

I did some research and found 4G at the end of my street.. Well I made some calls and climbed my tower with my WiFi hotspot and sure enough, I have good signal there. Next day, new antenna and amp and I am now happy to say, I see consistent downloads speeds of 7-10mg!! Ping times are 47-52ms.. This is lightening fast. Oh the cost is less than what Sprint was charging. I did have unlimited, but it I would never have been able to download 5G with Sprint.. Did I mention that I am now a happy Verizon customer!! So I call and attempt to cancel my Sprint account.. Oh no, you cant do that, till middle of next month.. You are just a few days late calling us, so we are going to keep that $62 and shut you down at the end of your billing cycle!! Mean time, I am able to zoom to this site and post this message with my new Verizon broadband air card!!  See Ya, Sprint!!  What a waste of $2500!!  You wont get any more of my money..

Thanks for listening everyone.. I hope it saves someone some money!

Journeyman

Hi, On the day I got on the sprint 2yr plane for an aircard u600, I've haved problems with it being slow but I thought this was normal since I had nothing else to compare it to. last month I purchased a mifi device from sprint and it works way faster, besides that, it is also a piece of junk because if it is disconnected from the computer  to use it with  an Apple Ipad when traveling the battery will only last about an houre and then it's dead. Since the Ipad does not have a usb port to charge the mifi device, you are out of luck.

Journeyman

I too have had Major probs with my Sierra Wireless mobile broadband for the past 14 months. I called them, I emailed them, took the wireless to the store, it was exchanged 3 x's. Then they Tech there told me Sprint is redoing their towers. Now, I live 3 miles from a Sprint tower (supposedly it has already been upgraded), and my service is still NO BETTER, in fact I believe its worse.

I sent them an email letting them know how UNHAPPY I am/have been.. and as soon as my contract is up I WILL be cancelling my air card. NO RESPONSE whatsoever!!!

So, as of today, I still have 5 months left on my contract.. I am cancelling. I cant take this paying 60$ a month for slow downloads, uploads, pages freezing, shutting off when it wants to.. etc.

Good luck to all who have Sprint Air Cards.

Journeyman

Air card speed issues?

I have four aircards with Sprint (had six at one time).  The service has been awful lately.  Mainly very SLOW and with many disconnects. 

Also I am unable to downloads the updates for two cards.  For $60/mo. each card, one expects decent service.  Not so with Sprint.

When my contracts expire, I'm switching to Verizon.

Journeyman

Air card speed issues?

I would like to know why when I try to go to sprint.com/speedtest, (I have tried this 4 or 5 times!), nothing comes up and there is just a blank page? I am also expiencing such slow speed, dropped connection etc, etc, etc!  It never ends with Sprint.  I am so frustrated.  Cannot wait for my contract to be up so I can move and give my money to another company that does not take up so much of my time with SO MANY issues.

Journeyman

I'm going to take no response from a rep in 2 months as a "No" on the help request...

Oh well...this combined with still no WiMax in my area, guess it's time to move on...

Journeyman

Air card speed issues?

Alwynj,

Just to clarify, my statement was "...if she asked to reach out to her, do it!...". I did not direct anyone to start directly PMing Lindsey for support issues. It was merely to express that Lindsey was very supportive when I did reach out to her when asked to.

Unfortunately, I am back in the forums again. Like some of the other users in this thread, I am also still on a 4+ year old 595u (I never received the option to replace or exchange it like Tom stated), plugged into a MBR900 (Has also been tried using Windows sharing and Linux firewall servers) hooked to a long range yagi running through a Wilson amp. I live out in the boonies, out of "offical" coverage range, so this setup has been in place since day 1 of my first Sprint contract.

About 3 weeks ago, my signal strength dropped from a solid 90% to 20% and fluxuates between 8% and 20% ever since. I'm positive my antenna direction didn't change, at least not until I spent 5 hours on Saturday trying to retune it. I've taken the amp out of the chain and replaced the cable from the antenna to the modem. I've hooked the modem directly to my laptop to eliminate the router. All having no affect on the signal strength. I was told by the local store that 4G was supposed to hit my area in 2011-Q1, but as far as I can tell, that didn't happen. Are they dropping or replacing 3G hardware on the towers to add 4G equipment?

The last time I had issues with performance, phone support simply told me "Sorry, you're not in coverage range, we can't help you...". Is someone here willing to take a look at this or am I just SoL now since I'm "not in official coverage range"? My contract is past renewal date, but I'm not locking into another 2 years if I can't get support on it...

Thanks,

Jeff

Journeyman

well i see alot of old sprint customers gettin the shaft i too have been with sprint for 6 yrs had broadband service for almost as long till within the last 2 monts it was great now its like a string and 2 cans slow as hell i get its my pc its my card etc etc still no resolve to the speed issues i would suggest sprint figures this out b4 they lose all of their customers i hear its the conversion to 6t04 i hear alot of stuff but no solutions when i check in device manager there are no 6t04 adapters listed but when i show hidden theres like multiple ones listed for 6t04 and isatap i remove all extra ones reconnect it does same finds multiple adapters so either the problem lies with sprints software or in their network plz if anyone knows a soulution to this delema email me at jokerpushy@yahoo.com thanks

Journeyman

Air card speed issues?

Yes if they ever update it maybe they get more customer instead of driveing they away. Why should pay them 60 a month then have to pay to get online cause they didnt upgrade and with trucks there at truck stops know I'm not only driver with issue.

Journeyman

Air card speed issues?

Well then I should bill sprint for what I pay Pilot or Flying J to get online and be able to do something then. Just deduck it from my sprint bill seeing how they dont want to fix the problem and they should have updated long time ago.