cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airvana dropping my internet connection

Journeyman

Airvana dropping my internet connection

I "upgraded" from the older Airave to the Airvana in January. Since then my internet signal freezes every 20 minutes for about 5 minutes or so, then it comes back to normal for approximately another 20 minutes. All this time I thought it was my internet provider, because they incidentally had an outage and line issue the day this all started, but today I came home from work and uplugged my Airvana and plugged my modem into my router - not a single issue. I have had a persistent connection all night, and I have been purposefully surfing and streaming video for the past four hours.

Please tell me someone knows how to fix this. If not, it brings up an interesting scenario. I'll have to call Sprint, but I do not have a home phone, and because Sprint will need me to unplug the Airave, I'll drop the call, and they'll never call back.

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Airvana dropping my internet connection

Is your connection Modem > Router > Airave or Modem > Airave > Router?

Journeyman

It is Modem > Airvana > Router. That's what the instructions said to do, though I did try the other way, which did not work at the time.

Wizard

My recommendation is to go with Modem > Router > Airave. Make sure you powercycle everything. You may need to put your Airave in a DMZ. Is that something you would be able to do?

Journeyman

At this exact moment, no. But I will be able to do it tomorrow. Will you still follow this thread to help if I need it? I really would appreciate it.

Wizard

Probably not as I am going to bed. But you can shoot me a private message and that will get my attention tomorrow.

Wizard

Made a point to check back but no post and no PM.

Will be in and out all day.

Journeyman

Thank you for the call back. I actually just had a chance to swap things around half an hour ago. The Airvana has been cycling, and now only the top light is blinking yellow. I know it can sometimes take a while, so I'm giving it time, but I'm not positive it will work. I will keep you posted.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat