cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use the Sierra 598U with Cradlepoint MBR1000?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone use the Sierra 598U with Cradlepoint MBR1000?

I just set up my sierra 598u  with a Cradlepoint MBR1000 wifi router for my home network.  Set up seems to have been as simple as advertised, but just wondered...my computer now seems to not have direct access to the sprit card through SmartView - not sure I need that but wondered if this indicated something wrong in my setup.  Also, I used the 598u for a week or so on just one computer while I was waiting for delivery of the router - in that time I was prompted once or twice for updates to the 598u firmware.  Will I still see these prompts on my computer screen now that the 598u is connected only through the router?  If not, do I need to worry that I might miss out on important updates?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

With it your 598U connected to the Cradelpoint, you do not need to use sprint smart view.

there should be instructions with the cradelpoint on how to set up your connection from your computer/laptop to the MBR1000.

Either wireless or network connection.

You only need to use SmartView if the devices is physically in your laptop/computer.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat