cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you connect the Sprint Overdrive to Kyocera KR2 Routers?

Journeyman

Can you connect the Sprint Overdrive to Kyocera KR2 Routers?

I recently purchased the 3G/4G Sprint Overdrive - started it up, upgraded to the latest firmware 2.06 - can connect my wireless laptops to MIFI, decent response and performance - I have desktops that are hooked to a Kyocera KR2 Router that I used my Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 - I can also hook the Sprint Overdrive via the desktop USB and get connected to the internet - when I hook the USB to the Kyocera, my desktop doesnot connect to the internet - Any ideas!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Can you connect the Sprint Overdrive to Kyocera KR2 Routers?

well since the overdrive has a router built in, you are essnetially trying to connect one router to another.  I think it's called piggybacking routers. honestly, this is not something that Sprint can support, but we always say, "Google is our friend."  here's some info you can try but we're not sure if it's applicable.  www.techspot.com/vb/topic98430.html

But truely, I would look at turning your desktops into wifi computers. I recently did that with my desktop, and purchased this wifi adapter from amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Technology-Nfiniti-Wireless-N-WLI-UC-GN/dp/B001XURGTO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT...

And it works great!.

Journeyman

Re: Can you connect the Sprint Overdrive to Kyocera KR2 Routers?

Thanx Tom - tried the piggyback router, but think it doesn't work with USB connectivity - also tried the Buffalo N Adapter, that did work like other WIFI devices - Think I will return the Overdrive - need the Kyocera for my printer as well.

Message was edited by: SPRINTEDDY

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat